4ft B type bus

A

aria

Hi I've just joined and have started making a wood 1/6 scale model of the 1910 B type bus. It will end up looking like the Occre model available in 1/24 scale. The adverts I'm copying from the Airfix kit. I will be adding radio control and working leaf spring suspension.   

bus1.JPG

bus2.JPG

l.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

bus3.JPG

57000-DENNIS-BUS-08.jpg

Last edited:
A

aria

Thanks yes definitely something different! Window frames made from spruce which will need sanding before gluing. Each windows side is made from 43 strips of wood.  

IMG_1854.JPG

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
WOW. Going to have to keep an eye on this one....
Very nice work so far. And Welcome to the forum!

A

aria

Thanks Ian haven't been here for a while!  I've got the chassis and side windows on and I'm working on the interior. I will add the chassis rivet detail at a later stage. The rear of the side windows frames is a bit wider than I had planned (forgot to take into account the thickness of the mahogany trim strip at the back and also the slight overhang when measuring them up). I'm pleased with the curved inside corners on the side and rear body panels which I made by going along a strip of mahogany with a mini drum sander them cutting them out. Worked out a lot easier and neater than I thought it would!     

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1903.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow great workmanship with this one,very interesting as well, :D

First Name
Gwyn
This looks really good, I like working in wood and am impressed with the progress so far. I will be watching progress closely.