54mm Airfix Scots Greys

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,

Thought that I show that I muddle in figures that aren't bot WW1 or 2. :smiling2: The usual story of having this in the stash for ages having bought a whole load of Airfix stuff during a warehouse sale. I liked the pose and movement this figure and his mount had. The build was in two sessions set around two years apart if I can remember. I only finished it after returning from Shizuoka last year impressed by the figures I saw there. I will feature the WIP in another post but here are images of the finished figure in black as well as blue backgrounds...

SCOT0085.jpgSCOT0086.jpgSCOT0087.jpgSCOT0088.jpgSCOT0089.jpgSCOT0090.jpgSCOT0091.jpgSCOT0092.jpgSCOT0093.jpgSCOT0094.jpg SCOT0095.jpgSCOT0096.jpg SCOT0097.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
You've done a great job on this Richard. Real sense of movement and a lovely little base as well.
Jon.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Jon, coming from you whose very knowledgable in Napoleanic figures is a plus for me. For stuff in this era I paint following references to dots and numbers and most of the time just eyeballing. My one and only for now.

Cheers,
Richard

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well done that man I tried a whole bunch of these years ago and they were a complete disaster the grenadier Guard had a face resembling Jason from the Friday 13th movies by the time I finished with him.

Regards

Colin

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Nice work Richard, agree with Jon about the base, really finishes it off.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
You are a man of many talents. Really nicely done. I agree with Jon - a great sense of movement.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Colin, Mick and Jim.

:tears-of-joy: Colin...I would have liked to have seen them.
Mick...I'm so for dioramas that it had to be done however small the size is.:smiling4:
Jim, but master of none as some would say, appreciate your compliment and talking about movement, on one of it's travels the supporting leg broke as I hadn't extended the brass rod far enough so I drilled further in and inserted a new length of brass rod and joined it. I think when it fell, the tip of the ear chipped off. I only just noticed it in these photos and will need repairing.

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
OOOH Richard, I've just seen this- lovely job!
I didn't know you did figures too- very respectable, a man of many talents!
I have such a soft spot for these Airfix figures- I build loads of them in my youth, and converted them to all sort of things, from the Charge of the Light Brigade to the Lord of the Rings and Samurai!
I have one in the stash, I might just break him out for the figure group build

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Neil, thanks. I dabble with everything except Gundams and Flats. At the moment the mojo is on aircraft...anything that spots stripes. Was trying to re-start on a dio but ran out of steam.

I have the Airfix French Cuirassier, Polish Lancer and am waiting for a friend to locate the English Hussar for me. I have prepared three similar base stands as the Scots Greys and planning a set piece...God knows when I will finish them.

I had a look at your Dutch-Belgian figure...nice work.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Ralph and Simon, seriously I'm still learning and figuring my way with acrylics. I used to paint with oils before.

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job richard , ive got this in the stash too, itll not turn out anything like this beauty though! Cheers tony

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work on this one,Richard, do like the movement of it,like how your put,the mud splashes on the horse,
done so very well with both,like it,well done,:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you both Tony and Monica. Glad you like it. So far I have done only two stand alone figures...this and my 6th airborne paratrooper.

Cheers,
Richard