54mm Airfix Scots Greys

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi all,
I can't say this is finally done as it was done ages ago but will say it's the last of the images I have of this build. Basically it's to show the added pistol...and some gloss for mud.

79.jpg

The only gore I could permit myself to show was the blood stains on the pennant and the tip of the lance. I begin to understand the bulb after the tip of the lance was to stop the lance from running all the way through the enemy thus being able to extricate and re-use the lance on the gallop.

80.jpg

Not the actual order of battle dress. In reality the bearskin headdress would be covered with oiled wraps and white gloves removed and tucked away

78.jpg

Well that's it. I'm trying to find the time to do the other three Airfix kits...I just hope I won't take too long and have a recess in between. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Neil and Ralph, needless to say I may have set it to my disadvantage as it can be challenging for my next Napoleonic figure.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work Richard. A real head turner. Well done sir!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Steve, sorry for the late response...finally settling down to my work bench and chatgroups.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Scottie, it's been a while but I think I had better repair the horses ears.

Cheers,
Richard