54mm Charge of the Scots Greys

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Jock is nearly done now.
I thought I would show him before I do the weathering in case I c*ck it up.

IMG_20200711_095429153.jpgIMG_20200711_095446340.jpgIMG_20200711_095457021.jpgIMG_20200711_100637559.jpg
It was a very complicated job fitting all the equipment after painting. I used mostly slow-drying PVA to avoid the risk of ruining it with CA in the wrong place, so I had to wait for each stage to dry before moving on to the next.The belts still need a bit of a touch up.
I tried to paint the regimental lettering on the canteen and pack, but I gave up after the third attempt :tired:
Thanks for looking
Neil

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Looking excellent!
Should the turn backs on his coat tails be yellow? I am just guessing and haven’t checked it out.
Andy
I was recently corrected on this, originally collars cuffs and turnbacks were the lining, but as time passed they become tailored on, probably before the Rebellion in the colonies. So only the collars and cuffs should be in facing colours, turnbacks were more commanly white piped in the facing colour.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks very much Rick, Andy & Karl :thumb2:
I did originally paint the turnbacks yellow, then I checked the references and found them to be white.
I failed to find any definitive information on the style of pocket lacing because it's always obscured by the equipment in illustrations,(possibly because no-one knows?),so I just left the original in situ and painted bars over the bastion detail.
I 'm glad I at least did something because it turns out it's NOT covered by the equipment......

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
According to my "bible" it's square lace not Bastion for the 92nd, but I'll not tell.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Can't see anything not to like Neil, that painting on the kilt gives real movement.