54mm Charge of the Scots Greys

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
looking forward to this, about 50 years ago I started a dio based on painting but after building, converting and painting ten Historix (dont know if thats how its spelt) got fed up and sold it.:smiling4:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
You're really on a roll with the discards Neil...fantastic work on the uniform coat, back pack and canteen. The rye is as rye can be. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a neat idea on the back pack Neil, might work well on a Russian ushanka.
That coat is a fab, can you do a SBS please.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
looking forward to this, about 50 years ago I started a dio based on painting but after building, converting and painting ten Historix (dont know if thats how its spelt) got fed up and sold it.:smiling4:
ooh that's ambitious-do you have any pics?

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Looking great Neil. Glad you are back on this one.
Cheers Tim, I'm going to finish it now!
You're really on a roll with the discards Neil...fantastic work on the uniform coat, back pack and canteen. The rye is as rye can be. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
many thanks Richard, I'm trying hard to keep up the care and attention on the little details. I'm getting impatient now the end is in sight.
That's a neat idea on the back pack Neil, might work well on a Russian ushanka.
That coat is a fab, can you do a SBS please.
Thanks John. I will think about doing a separate SBS soon , but I want to get this done now before I lose the will to live!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Can't wait to see more...the level of details of the uniforms and equipment is stunning....

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks, as always, for the kind comments everyone.
Just a quick update , I've painted all the bits and pieces ,and here's a picture of them in all their glory, before they disappear under the mud and bullets
IMG_20210308_195412071.jpg
thanks for looking.
Almost there!
cheers
Neil

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
OMG it’s finally finished!

This is something I’ve wanted to do since I first saw the painting as a teenager, so it’s only taken me fifty years to get there.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it, even if it got a bit intense at times. I never expected to have to make something as complicated as the Scots Grey’s sword belt, and the kilt was an experience I won’t repeat in a hurry.

The only drawback with it stretching out so long is that when I started it my painting was rather basic, and it has improved over the time, so that the cuirassier is not as good as the other two figures. But there’s no way I am prolonging this any longer, so he will have to stay as he is.
Scots Grey Charge.jpg

I am really grateful to everyone who has commented and encouraged me, as I do find the added dimension of sharing the build helps to keep me focused on finishing, when I might otherwise allow myself to be distracted by shiny new things.

There are more pictures on the ‘completed’ thread.

Thanks again for following

Neil

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fantastic...it's done Neil. Too bad for us modelers we don't have the bevy of beauties, champagne and a pedestal with a medal ceremony at the finish line but the feeling is still something else.

Cheers,
Richard