'69 Nova

M

marc

Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum, I'll pop up an introduction shortly.

This is my fourth completion of the year, Revells '69 Nova.

The plan for this was always Mica Blue, I'm trying a for a range of Mica muscle, but following a pre-shading experiment, that failed, it went to black. Unfortunately I had a reaction with the clear coat which put this to the spares box. 6 months further on I got involved with a club and decided to pull this out and resurrect it. I got it finished on the Saturday night before Midland Expo where it made its debut.

Into a bath of fairy power spray for a few days removed most of the old paint, I rescribed the doors and boot/trunk and primed with Tamiya fine surface. painted once again in Zero's Mica Blue and cleared with Zero pre-thinned clear as usual. The wheels were changed to Centrelines from the '70 chevelle kit, using the nova's tires

012 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

014 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

018 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

022 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

024 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

All C&C welcomed, many thanks for reading

Marc

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi marc welcome to the forum. Thats a beautiful looking nova there , the mica paint job is fantastic you'd never guess it was a rescue job , top work , cheers tony

p.s. did you enter it in the comp , and if so did it win anything?

M

marc

Many thanks Tony, I'm quite proud of this one. I'm a convert to Mr T's primer! No it stayed firmly on the display, the foil is quite ragged in places and the rescribing broke some of the rear window trim. I doubt I'll ever build well enough for judging

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very excellent work Marc, the paint job looks pristine, well done sir. I like this a lot.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Andy
Hi Marc,

First of all, welcome to the forum, it's a great and very friendly place...

I really like the blue you have used, it suits the vehicle, a big ***** from me also...

Andy...

M

marc

Thank you guys, we always tend to photo the more flattering angles, but I'm overall I'm happy

First Name
Jason
Nice build Marc, good recovery the mica blue looks trick!

C

Curtis

Brilliant! Love the colour!

Reminds me of a Mustang I made last year, was a very similar colour, and a fairly similar shape too.

N

noble

I must say i admire how you car guys get your paint work so beautifully smooth and glossy, one of the reasons i don't do cars iam afraid because they look cool and fun to do, well done very nice work and welcome to the best forum anywhere.

scott