75mm Viking figure.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
This is a figure I recently completed for a workmate of a friend.
I debated posting this as it was supplied to me with no box in with another figure and there are a lot of metal copies on eBay.. However, it was a quality resin cast in about ten parts so I think it was an original, hence the posting.
0838884E-1318-48B1-9CE8-5A41DCD7387A.jpeg
E4D3428A-0DA5-409A-90DD-5BC15532F2CB.jpeg
F9A280F7-57DD-4ECB-9814-E5F9423CEA8C.jpeg
71E6EAE6-5004-4CE4-B329-3964B4E4DD42.jpeg
2876613A-58D0-4101-B956-47D9EF92C3C5.jpeg
FA7BDCD5-5F1E-4BB5-BD1B-3DD7089FDC5C.jpeg
Not my best work really, and the photos are pants. All the highlights are blown out because I just used my iPad for the shots. Some of the transitions are also a bit abrupt. It certainly take a lot of paint at this scale, and my number four brush seemed a bit small at times ;)
The pose may be dynamic, but I think it’s just strange. He would be jumping down around fifteen feet with all that iron on, perhaps he was known as Sven the ankle breaker? He also has the fearsome Viking banana axe for hitting around corners. This has happened since assembly so isn’t really correctable :disappointed2:
Anyway, hope you like him. He’ll be going back to his owner when lockdown is finished.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Excellent painting Tim, but I wholeheartedly agree about the pose.
But each to his own; I've seen several versions of this, so it must be popular-what do I know?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent painting Tim, but I wholeheartedly agree about the pose.
But each to his own; I've seen several versions of this, so it must be popular-what do I know?
Hi Neil
Thanks for the comment. I don’t know why it’s popular either. It is a bit top heavy even with the large MDF base I’ve added and just looks awkward to me. I’m not sure of the manufacturer myself, but know the metal casts on eBay must be knock offs because this is a multi part resin kit.
Fit and finish of the kit were excellent so if anyone knows who made it can they let me know. I may be interested in other things they make?

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi Neil
Thanks for the comment. I don’t know why it’s popular either. It is a bit top heavy even with the large MDF base I’ve added and just looks awkward to me. I’m not sure of the manufacturer myself, but know the metal casts on eBay must be knock offs because this is a multi part resin kit.
Fit and finish of the kit were excellent so if anyone knows who made it can they let me know. I may be interested in other things they make?
DG Artwork

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tim
I think he looks great. I'm sure your friend's workmate will be pleased. You have pointed out the flaws and issues with this but I would never have noticed. Perhaps only figure painters would notice.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
I think he looks great. I'm sure your friend's workmate will be pleased. You have pointed out the flaws and issues with this but I would never have noticed. Perhaps only figure painters would notice.
Jim
Many thanks Jim, you’re too kind. I think it’s working so close to them that highlights the flaws.

D

Deleted member 7181

To my uneducated eyes it looks excellent Tim!

Maybe you could get away with saying that he's swinging the axe so violently, it's flexing under the force :smiling5:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
To my uneducated eyes it looks excellent Tim!

Maybe you could get away with saying that he's swinging the axe so violently, it's flexing under the force :smiling5:
LOL.....nice one Andy. Glad you like him as well.