8.8cm PAK-43 Waffenträger Self Propelled Gun

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ian. Do you have the correct name for it please?

Cheers

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fascinating stuff graham, the brass looks amazing! Some very intricate procedures but youre doing a beautiful job , it looks as if theres more brass than plastic!!Top work mate keep the pics coming , cheers tony

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
that has got to be the biggest bit of brass ive ever seen in a kit...and it all comes with the kit

F

Fenlander

Thanks guys. Yep, all the metalwork comes with the kit which cost me about £25 at a show which is around the normal price. Best thing is, you don't have to use the brass if you don't want to, there is a really good plastic alternative to it all.

Andy, John has the 4" version in stock. Oddly, the bigger they are, the less likely you are to use them for small jobs, I intend getting the little 'Bug' at some point as it really makes bending smaller pieces, especially aircraft builders type PE simple, accurate and quick.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
just looked on hannants and this very kit is going for £29 how cheap when its back i will be getting it thanks to and your quality build more on the xmas list cheers

F

Fenlander

Very little modelling done this week, just a couple of hours today to finish off the gun shield. All the brass (I hope!!!) is on the shield now including the lovely shell store, there are shells to go in it. I was toying with the idea of leaving the gun shield in red oxide with the rest of the vehicle in a light, late war, dark yellow (yep, a light dark yellow.... it does make sense if you look at the later colours). However, not sure if it is becoming too much of a cliché also, it has to be done really well to look good.

So, here is the gun shield ready for priming. Not much of an update but a step forward none the less.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Thanks guys. Yep, all the metalwork comes with the kit which cost me about £25 at a show which is around the normal price. Best thing is, you don't have to use the brass if you don't want to, there is a really good plastic alternative to it all.Andy, John has the 4" version in stock. Oddly, the bigger they are, the less likely you are to use them for small jobs, I intend getting the little 'Bug' at some point as it really makes bending smaller pieces, especially aircraft builders type PE simple, accurate and quick.
Graham,

The bigger the better for my builds as you know. Perhaps i could buy yours off you if you wanted to and then you can get the one from John and probably have a little cash left over.

Cheers

Andy

T

treyzx10r

That is some intense metal work Graham,really nicely done!

F

Fenlander

Cheers guys, attaching this to the gun is going to be fun. Has to be done after painting both and only very small attachment points. Not sure superglue will hold and epoxy will be a pain holding bits together while setting. Will have to think this through a bit.

@Andy. Sorry mate but I need the 5" for tank fenders but I still would like the Bug on the bench to save me digging the 5" out the box when doing small bits, easier to handle to. Have you contacted John to see if he can get you one at some point?