80 years since the Battle of Britain. Group build ?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Splendid, someone who actually knows a thing or two, unlike me who's knowledge base comes from google/wiki/ and the Battle of Britain film (which I believe has a few inaccuracies)

Best make it a little 1:72 fighter, maybe avoid the Revell 1:32 He-111

That sounds like a plan.

The funny thing is, I haven't got anything to build, if this goes ahead. I feel I should do something British, but my shelves are rather devoid of German machines. Then again, what did the Italians use ? I believe they popped up briefly.
I was thinking the same Colin , I know that Fiat cr42s and macchi mc200s had a brief appearance but haven’t got anything suitable in the stash , so I think the spit will be the one

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Damn you evilbay! Just happened to come across an 1/48 Airfix Bf109 E4 going cheap (half price offer accepted) so it kind of fell into my shopping basket. So i now suppose i'm in.

That makes me number 10 to confirm so i do believe this GB is a go'er? lol

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got a shed load of 1/32 kits for this proposed GB. If I get the Panther finished and the figures done I may take part.
Got about a dozen 109Es, 3 Mk1 Hurricanes, a couple of 110s and a couple of He111s + a brace of Mk1 spits.
Probably do the Hurricanes. I could possibly pack them in before October.
Cheers
P

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Got a shed load of 1/32 kits for this proposed GB.

and a couple of He111s

Where are you finding the 1/32 He111s? They are like rocking horse doo dar. Been after them for ages (but they command stupidly high prices on evilbay)

I need to have ago at this, I've always been rubbish at haggling.

Colin. If they have a 'Make an offer' button i tend to put in a price i am willing to pay. I have had more rejections than sucesses but when i do get one, it's normally a really good price. Don't ask, don't get is something i was always told

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Where are you finding the 1/32 He111s? They are like rocking horse doo dar. Been after them for ages (but they command stupidly high prices on evilbay)
Had mine for ages - 1 Revell the other Monogram but they're the same kits.
Intending to build an H and a P version
Cheers
P

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Colin. Wait I’m in never built any “Wingy” thing in RAF and I’ve been buying some lately and would love to join in to give me an excuse to build some of these nice Aircraft

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well, a quick count reveals the following forum members who have signed up, in blood, to the Battle of Britain GB.
Fernando
Neil M
Spanner570
Peter D
dave
beowulf
Papa 695
Yak face
AlanG
tr1ckey66 - a bit of a maybe
Lee D
Colin M (nearly missed myself out)

That gives us 11, with a possible 12. Thanks you all for helping me launch this GB. However, there's still a bit of time for anyone to join in as this GB won't end until 31 October 2020.

Right then. My problem is Italian aircraft in model form are as about as common as the real thing in the BoB. I might have to consider an alternative.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Colin. Well done on putting this forward. Now moved to the approved section.