!-87 Scale Sturmtiger

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks, Polux. It was a hoot reverse engineering the engine from an old verlinden
Kit. Thanks again for looking in. Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Rick,

That Sturmi is tight as a duck's butt. I never realized that Herpa kits were so detailed. Love your figgies too!!!

Now, how many fingers am I holding up??? What do you mean, you don't know???

Ummm, Rick, I'm over here, not over there...Poor fella, blind as a bat. I told him to go with 1/35...…………….

Prost
Allen (coat on and door found)

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have one of these, not not built yet, in 1/87. Rick is obviously too modest to say, but if this is 1/87, there is considerable scratchery on display here. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Sirs! Your compliments are overwhelming. Allen, I would need a step ladder to work on 1/35 scale! BTW Matron has been notified and she's waiting in the cab for you. Paul, Yes, scratchery indeed but since you seemed doubtful I have provided you with further evidence of the tiny magic you know we are both capable of. Observe if you will...P1010615.JPGP1010617.JPGP1010619.JPGP1010621.JPGP1010622.JPGP1010623.JPGP1010624.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick .
Only just found this,it's great, how you managed it in that scale just baffles me . Eyes like a Hawk !
John

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not doubtful at all. You did not give the scale so I let observers know that the 1/87 versions were not nearly as detailed as your effort. The changes to gun, jib and engine are remarkable. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Paul. When You are ready to do your unbuilt kit let me know and I will let you in on how this went together if your interested.
John, actually 2.5 power binocular headset. Makes everything within 18" look like 1/35 scale. Don't tell Allen I think he's already in the cab. Thanks again both of you!
Cheers, Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Nicely finished Rick :thumb2: - I do like a Sturmtiger

Pity about the tracks / running gear on these 1/87 kits though - tend to let things down a bit in the detail stakes

More like the war-games kits of the 1/72nd world

Models in your chosen scale always seem overpriced as well, at least they are here in UK - this one is around the same price as the much more detailed Tamiya 1/48

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right you are Simon, You will be pleased to learn that since I built this model and the late Tiger I posted in the completed armor section that there are now highly detailed resin track assemblies available in 1/87 scale. It would break my heart to try and tear these down and retro fit them but rest assured my future builds will all be equipped with the new tracks as I have purchased a box full of both early and late style road wheel equipped units.
Cheers and thanks for dropping by, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Lee, I have to be honest, I did my best to copy the pattern that is in the "In Action" series of this vehicle.
Thanks again, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Scottie, I did enjoy building it and Simon is correct in the pricing of these HO scale gems. If I recall correctly I paid around $25.00 U.S.
Cheers, Rick H.