88 mm flak,

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has built the dragon 1/35 scale 88mm flak gun, if anyone has are there any problems or any thing to look out for ? building it for someone else so I don't want to make any mistakes [ or make a mess of it ! ] will probably start it once the Harley is done as he's not in any rush for it. any comments appreciated thanks

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I moved it to this section as it was in the wrong one. A far better chance of someone swing it here.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ray,
I made this quite a few years ago - I can't remember any problems with the model itself - but I CAN remember struggling with the instructions, with regard to which bits to add/swap/leave off for a particular barrel - Dragon are not noted for their paperwork, and this one lived up to that
Good Luck - Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
Ray,
I made this quite a few years ago - I can't remember any problems with the model itself - but I CAN remember struggling with the instructions, with regard to which bits to add/swap/leave off for a particular barrel - Dragon are not noted for their paperwork, and this one lived up to that
Good Luck - Dave
Ray,
Good Luck - Dave
I moved it to this section as it was in the wrong one. A far better chance of someone swing it here.
ok thanks ian

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
Ray,
Good Luck - Dave
been trying to work out the instructions, as you say they arent very clear on what goes where

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good luck Raymond, I hope you post your progress as you build this 88.
Rick H.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Have to admit i love the 88mm Flak 36/37/41. I've always want to build one and do a dio for it. I shall be pulling up a chair for the build

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Not the 8.8 cm FlaK 18, then? :smiling3:

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I am actually building the Dragon 6287 during these months, because this copy was without bags for the sprues. So I thought I'd better get it done before damage happens!

So far I am only up to step 5, and had no problems. Doing the 37mm version, wheeled, transport mode.

Have not decided on the paint scheme yet, but I really love the extras that come with this 2005 Dragon kit :smiling4:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Do you mean the 8,8 cm FlaK 37 when you say the 37 mm version?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
German designations are like American ones: always include the qualifiers :smiling3: Just “FlaK 37” or “M3” might mean any one of a number of things, but “3,7-cm-FlaK 37”, “8,8-cm-FlaK 37”, “M3 halftrack” or “M3 medium tank” are clear.

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
I am actually building the Dragon 6287 during these months, because this copy was without bags for the sprues. So I thought I'd better get it done before damage happens!

So far I am only up to step 5, and had no problems. Doing the 37mm version, wheeled, transport mode.

Have not decided on the paint scheme yet, but I really love the extras that come with this 2005 Dragon kit :smiling4:
hope you'll put some pictures up !

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
would love to see some pictures of the build, not decided on what colour to paint his yet !

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
would love to see some pictures of the build, not decided on what colour to paint his yet !
Sure thing.

Right now, all I can show is the bottom pic right here:

I will make a thread for this build when I can (I have a very busy worklife, so please be patient with me.)

Kind regards