9th November: 1989 World War Two Ends,

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yes that is right,not in 1945 as most people do think,but 1989,when Germany was reunited ,as it could not end with,Germany
being deviated ,I know some may like to disagree with this but its true even Steven Fry said on QI, a how show on wars that
went longer that what is recorded, :smiling4:

The Brandenburg Gate, a few meters from the Berlin Wall, was opened on 22 December 1989. The demolition of the Wall officially began on 13 June 1990 and was completed in November 1991. The "fall of the Berlin Wall" paved the way for German reunification, which formally took place on 3 October 1990.

do hope you will like this one,something in my head for a long time,I have been won,t to do,
update soon,;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Interesting Monica........hope to see something soon. Rick H.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Nice idea.

often debatable when things end - was 11 November the end of WW1 when it was technically an armistace? Also i recall reading somewher many years ago that France and Germany only signed the post-ww2 peace treaty during the late 1950's. Haven't been able to verify it so if anybody knows for sure, let me know.

Peter

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice idea, watched that all happen on TV. It seemed a very positive period in world politics ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Nice idea.

often debatable when things end - was 11 November the end of WW1 when it was technically an armistace? Also i recall reading somewher many years ago that France and Germany only signed the post-ww2 peace treaty during the late 1950's. Haven't been able to verify it so if anybody knows for sure, let me know.

Peter
Hi,Peter ,thats why I do find these,s type,s of thing very interesting indeed,there is a ffew like this ass well,just cannot tthink of them
off hand ,even one of the country in the 50 year war did not sign the treaty untill 60 or so yr,s late ,
also hoping that others do know of theses type,s of thing . ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Nice idea, watched that all happen on TV. It seemed a very positive period in world politics ;)
Hi,Tim i did as well and have family and friends there as it was coming down,I did have a clunk of rubble for years and years and my
other half binned it or sometime when i was out saying,why you keep so much junk lol,:confused::confused:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi,Tim i did as well and have family and friends there as it was coming down,I did have a clunk of rubble for years and years and my
other half binned it or sometime when i was out saying,why you keep so much junk lol,:confused::confused: