A 1/16 Wedgie

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really nice Mr.D.Love the painting and the whole concept of a wedgie.I have had a similar idea whirring around in me noggin for sometime.I was thinking along the lines of an RTR guy in a hatch of either a Centurion or Chieftain.Scale wise i thought maybe 1.25th using available kit bits.I think making a commanders hatch for Chieftain would be drifting into the realms of fantasy in scratchbuilding terms.
Carry on that man.
Richard.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

I had no idea what a wedgie was when I first opened this thread (with some trepidation) but I get the idea now.

Looking forward to watching the progress of this as the painting so far is superb.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I had no idea what a wedgie was when I first opened this thread (with some trepidation) but I get the idea now.

Looking forward to watching the progress of this as the painting so far is superb.
Me too , I had visions of a poor soldier with his pants pulled up over his head! I take it that a wedgie is another term for a cutout or just a section of something Peter? Either way superb work so far , cheers tony

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks for looking in chaps.

I had never heard of a wedgie, apart from the underpants version, until Steve Jones bought the subject up. I get the impression that it was one of things that was fashionable for a while, mainly in 1/35, 1/32, but is seen less often these days.

I've started on the second figure:

100_5243.JPG100_5244.JPG

The problem with this was finding a head which matched the first figure's, which is quite small. I only had two options in the spares box and decided to go for this one wearing a Soviet helmet. It's something I've seen, and indeed Verlinden produced a similar figure in the past. I thought it would make a change anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I really like him. The black uniform is superbly done.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter, I remember wedgies during Calvins time. Figures are looking good. Hope this turns out well and looking forward to see how you tackle and cut up the "Wedge"

Cheers,
Richard

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Excellent work on the figures, and some scary survival stories too.

Are you going to cut up the turret?

I got the impression the full turret was the wedgie?

I've had a few painful and distracting days as my left knee is rebelling!

Off to see the surgeon on the 8th October, hopefully I can keep hobbling along!

Looks like its better weather for painting and autumn has finally arrived if only for the meteorologists.

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - It won't be a masterpiece; I'll be happy with what I can get.

Steve - No, it won't be a true wedgie, as I'm going to use the full turret, minus the barrel.

Sorry to hear about your knee problems - lets hope you can get it sorted in October. I'm having my shoe inserts fitted then - also hobbling along.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter.
Here was I thinking you were about to produce a large sandwich, anyway a great idea and certainly something that most of us will have never seen before.
I will have to sit at the back as the front row is full .

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning John

I generally produce a large sandwich about lunchtime. Please don't expect too much with the turret - it will be pretty basic.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter i'm sure it will pass muster in every way. What gave you the idea to do this ?

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve Jones - see my Feldgendarme thread. He has his uses!

• Haha
D

Deleted member 6559

The second figure is finished:

100_5246.JPG100_5247.JPG100_5248.JPG

The left hand has been bleached out a bit by the camera - it's darker in reality.

Here they are together:

100_5250.JPG

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
I keep running out of witty complimentary things to say as your work is always to such a high standard but these are superb.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thank you.

Scottie - Your kind comment are more than enough. Thank you.