A-26b invader 1/48

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Need a break from trucks,had this in the stash for a while now and have been eager to get it started. Some extra detail just to make things more complicated for myself.if I can mange a reasonable job of it I'll get the seatbelt kit as well.20210801_224942.jpg20210801_225138.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice choice mark , ive got this in the stash , but its the original Monogram boxing with the all black korean night bomber scheme . Looking forward to the build , the pe looks good ( although im not sure i would use all those tiny levers !! ) cheers tony

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Nice choice mark , ive got this in the stash , but its the original Monogram boxing with the all black korean night bomber scheme . Looking forward to the build , the pe looks good ( although im not sure i would use all those tiny levers !! ) cheers tony
My plane building experience doesn't amount to a lot so I could well be pushing my luck as it is let alone with them levers lol just thought it's a great looking plane at a very good price and had to buy it.love to to build planes as good as you guys on here so time to get the practice in :smiling:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
You ‘ll be fine mark , just do asmost of us do when using PE , leave off half the tiny bits ! One thing with this one is dont forget to add some weight in the nose . Its a good idea to have a google and find some build reviews on the net , might highlight any areas to look out for . Cheers tony

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks for the advice Tony ,good idea ,good idea and good idea! 40g is recommended, front wheel strut looks like it should be up to it.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This looks interesting. And that's some serious PE you got there.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well Mark,
I don`t do planes anymore personally,(Although as a young un growing up i did LOADS of em.... usual story with them hanging from the bedroom ceiling,as i assume we all did back then!),got fed up with poor fuselage fits.:angry:
BUT,i do love watching a good build,and those Marauders were a classic look:thumb2:,i`m SURE i did one way back when!
Will follow along mate..... it may even spur me on to do a wingy myself at some point!!:rolling:
That P.E. Does look mighty fine:cool:!!
Andy

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I just fancied a break from trucks and I'll have a go at any genre, if I like the picture on the box I'll buy it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
"HA.... A box art mug".......... Just like me Mark!!:angry:
Nothing wrong with that mate.... quite often i find that it can pull you in to a build that you may not of even considered previously!!;)
Crack on buddy,i look forward to seeing more!:thumb2:'
Andy

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Finally made a start on the PE, have used zap 560 canopy glue as it gives some working time,dry clear and excess cleans up easy, ca in the wrong place and I'm in trouble ! Also my improvised placing tool,cocktail stick with a tiny blob of blue tack on the end. Even got a number 44 on if you can spot it.20210808_235812.jpg20210808_234228.jpg20210808_234228-1.jpg20210808_234551-2.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That pre-coloured PE really adds to the sharpness of a cockpit doesn’t it. Great stuff!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
Builds onto a big model. That PE looks a nice set but as with all PE you tend to pick and choose what is worth using. Cockpit is looking great. I rarely use CA for PE first off. I used Gator Hobby Glue (almot impossible to find now) but that white PVA works ok. Give wiggle time and cleans up with a damp brush. If I am worried about the fix being secure I wick a drop of thin CA into the join when the PVA has dried. Looking forward to the rest.
Jim