A-7D Corsair II

K

Kressy13

Hi guys. Well this is going to be my next build. It is trumpeters 1/32 A-7D. Picked it up quite cheap at a show recently. Didn't realize how big it was though. LOL. Will be built mostly out of the box, maybe some additions if i feel the need. I must say I love any aircraft in the south east asia scheme. Much better than gray. Will be taking my time with this build to make sure it looks the part.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 37625

A-7D.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice subject Kresten. A bird of unusual looks which I like ! However I think I might have to limit myself to a 1:72.

Colin M.......

K

Kressy13

Hi all. Been doing a bit of work on this one and have got the seat finished. Most of the pit is done. Still a few things to finish off. All comments welcome.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 37795

seat.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi kresten ,must have missed this one last week, great choice of subject ,cant wait to see it progress, cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
One very nice looking office Kresten if the rest of the builds anything like it it will be stunning carry on with the good work

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice work,the cockpit looks stunning. I even managed to read a couple of obituaries in your second photo!

Cheers

Steve

K

Kressy13

Thanks guys. Didn't notice that till now Steve. lol.

Cheers

Kresten

K

Kressy13

Hi guys just after some help with filling in the gaps inside the intake trunk, not really sure how to go about it.

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
Hi kresten ... maye a silly question but the detail on the cockpit is quite amazing with the dials, buttons, controls etc - is this decals, or do u hand paint or .....?? rgds

Lindsey

K

Kressy13

Hi Lindsey. No stupid questions here mate. It is all hand painted. Just takes a bit of time and a steady hand. I have attached a pic of the intake and what i need to fill, any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 38288

intake.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
For the seam, try very thin super glue. I use 'zap a gap' and it will need a few goes to get it anywhere nearly smooth.

Colin M........

B

Buttonman

I like this aircraft but want the A6 intruder a 2 seater side by side there is a film about it bombing Hanoi flying over the city 3 times cos the pilot couldn't see the target.

Will be watching

Martin

D

dubster72

\ said:
I like this aircraft but want the A6 intruder a 2 seater side by side there is a film about it bombing Hanoi flying over the city 3 times cos the pilot couldn't see the target.Will be watching

Martin
Are you thinking of the film 'Flight of the Intruder', the adaptation of the Steven Coonts book Martin?

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A very good start Kresten some fantastic detail in the office. By the way what harnesses are you using? did they come with the kit?

Vaughan

B

Buttonman

oh yes mate the book was better enjoyed the film watchin all the tracer and sams coming up those pilots had balls of titainium

Martin