A blast from the past with this one!!!!

B

bikerbart

OK i love the idea of this section on the forum and so have been inspired to get a couple of my present projects up on here.

My love at the moment is for motorbikes and having already completed a modern Ducati and a Kawasaki (both Tamiya 1/12th scale) i really wanted to do some thing a little more unusual. I went into the loft to have a look at some of the old kits i had saved from 30+ years ago and found a real gem!!!!

Its an old Protar kit and the subject is a Racing 500cc bike and sidecar. I very nearly sold this kit some time ago but am really glad i held onto it now. These old Protar kits fetch some serious money now but it means more to me to make it.

For those not familiar with Protar they manufacture kits like this but they went bust some years ago and original Protar is hard to come by, i believe people like Italeri have taken on some of the old moulds though?

I started the kit last week before i joined in the forum so did not get pics before starting sadly, however i took some pics today and ive only done very minimal stuff so far.

I have posted the pics below for you to see of the kit. The chrome plate is awful so ive started stripping the wheels. The instructions are dreadful as is usual for Protar and much dry fitting is needed first!!! I feel this will be a very difficult kit to do justice but i also feel the end results will be well worth it.

Not to sure on the history behind the bike or the riders so will delve into that and let you know asap.

Regards Martin :smiling:

View attachment 24195

View attachment 24196

View attachment 24197

View attachment 24198

View attachment 24199

View attachment 24200

View attachment 24201

View attachment 24202

View attachment 24203

View attachment 24204

View attachment 24205

View attachment 24206

View attachment 24207

View attachment 24208

122.jpg

125.jpg

116.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

115.jpg

118.jpg

126.jpg

120.jpg

123.jpg

121.jpg

124.jpg

119.jpg

117.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Always impressed with these bike builds. This one looks like it could be fun! Keep the piccies coming.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Ooo, that looks a gem of a subject. Wish I had one o those in the loft, very nice.