A couple more Napoleonic figures - a bit bigger this time!

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Hi all. Here are a couple more of my figures that were lost in the sinking of Milmod. The first is a 75mm Colour Sergeant of the Grenadier Company 28th Foot from FeR Miniatures. I made a couple of alterations from the original, mostly to correct inaccuracies. This involved removing extra lace loops on the cuffs, the inner row of lace on the wings, and adding a rear pocket flap. I also converted his knapsack into a French calfskin one.

He still needs a proper wooden plinth but I havent got around to finding one yet!

_20190429_145100.JPG742654.jpg742653.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Gorgeous Alex. They make me feel very inspired.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Cheers guys! I'm looking for inspiration myself Peter - I haven't painted a figure since last November!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice to see these again as well. Great stuff, very atmospheric. Get back on the horse Alex, we need to see some new work ;)

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks Tim. Speaking of horses I might try a mounted figure. You may well have given me the inspiration I was looking for! Time to start browsing. :thinking:

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Both full of life and character.Two fantastic figures but the rifleman in particular is brill.
Jon.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks Richard and Jon. They turned out ok in the end! Both of them sat staring at me from my work bench for months before I even picked up a paintbrush. Now I have the itch to do a mounted figure but I can't find a decent one. There was one I saw a year or so ago that I really liked of a King's German Legion dragoon, but it seems to be out of production. Anyone got any recommendations?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Glad you have gotten back into the groove with the figures Windy. A couple of little beautieeees. Look forward to seeing some more mate

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Cheers Steve! Glad you like 'em. I'm away on Salisbury Plain for the next couple of weeks and the signal here is woeful! It makes searching for a new project a wee bit tricky but I'll see what I can find and will hopefully be back at my bench soon.