A disappeared then re-appeared U. Boat.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your encouraging comments chaps. Much appreciated... :thumb2:

Jim - I can't remember where the thin piece of clear plastic came from. A mega tray of chicken legs perhaps? More than likely from my local tip. I simply cut it to fit around the rocks.

Nearly there....

Poor light for the pictures. I just couldn't get enough underwater detail showing.. :sad:

Anyway, I've loose fitted the boat to make sure everything looks o.k. above and below the waterline.
Any slight gaps will be filled with some water movement.
P1240663.JPG

P1240666.JPG

Next up I'll fix her in position, then start to add a bit of shoreline detail, plus some storm driven detritus. (Rubbish, to you and me!)
Thanks for sticking with the build.

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Chris.... :thumb2:

Weather's naff, so forced into carrying on with this build.... Shame really, I did so want to get in the garden and bend double attacking the weeds!

I've put together the 'After Storm' shoreline. I've used a bit of imagination and put stuff here and there.( Bits of sprue, sewing thread, off cuts of coffee stirrers, dead twigs, things wot look a bit like seaweed and a bit of live moss.) etc. etc.

P1240670.JPG

P1240669.JPG

P1240672.JPG

P1240673.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.

Looks like one of the beaches on Lewis after a good westerly gale.
Jim
...except Hebrides beaches are white. The seas turquoise and bloody cold too!... :dizzy:

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Another brilliant piece. You never fail to amaze me where you get your ideas from.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Paul. My wife agrees, especially when she says I never get ideas about painting and decorating our bungalow! Prioritizing, I call it.... :thumb2:

The U.Boat is finally stuck down.
P1240675.JPG

Next up comes adding 'Life' to the sea surface.
Thanks to those still hanging in with the build. Very much appreciated.

Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ron lookin just like you mean it too been there for donkeys yrs very good dio an your imaginenation workin over time on this but I cannot see how you can use the stern end ? or have you got something up your sleeve besides your arm :smiling::smiling::smiling:
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
That really does look superb. There is a sense of realism about your work that is quite incredible.
Jim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much men!
Terrific comments.

Chris. - Wink, Wink!

My U.Boat is now complete. Thanks for following along and posting such great and extremely flattering comments. Such tonic is the best in the world. All you guys are the best!.... :thumb2:

I will post up the finished model just as soon as I get a bit of descent 'Currant Bun' for some pictures to be tookted. Around about 2022!

Thank you.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wo Hey!" The sun is out. So I've managed to get the pictures I want. - Sunny!....... :thumb2:

I'll post them over in 'Dioramas' Completed asap.

Once again thanks for all your support and interest during my U.Boat build.

Ron

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good luck Ron. Wanted to do the same, but the 4' dia. front yard red oak dropped its' leaves early (prolly due to crazy weather) so SWMBO has me doing yard work for the forseeable future. PaulE