A Good Brunswick Green?

R

RickBrown

I'm just spraying an Airfix model Beam Engine for my farther, the primer was Halfords grey from the can (not bad at all, may need to de-cant for the brush, this could cost loads otherwise!). I'm after a good Brunswick Green. I have an old Humbrol Acrylic and enamel but these don't seem to work very well. I cant quite put my finger on it, mind you, I don't normally use gloss paint. I have given it a couple of coats of Tamiya XF5 which looks ok then I was going to finish it off with a nice Brunswick. Any suggestions?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well... The Humbrol one is the right colour and the Beam Engine would have been Gloss painted. If you really think its to shiny, what about giving it a satin varnish after it painted?

The paint conversion chart; Link at the top of this page, points to Tamiya X5 which is the gloss version of XF5.

Ian M

R

RickBrown

Ah, sorry, miss-lead you a bit! I like to use matt or satin paint then finish it in gloss or satin etc when everything else is done.

X5 seems to be the Tamiya version, so I'll stick to the XF5 and gloss it when done.

Thanks

Rick.