A Haven for a retired Revell Lucky XI Tug Boat.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I thoroughly enjoyed coming up with ideas and trying to make them happen when building the 'Haven'. I hope you approve of the finished model.

P1230740.JPG

DSC00843.JPG

P1230739.JPG

P1230744.JPG

DSC00841.JPG

P1230738.JPG

DSC00848.JPG

DSC00860.JPG

453 waiting for his pint whilst Rick H sniffs around the waitress.
DSC00864.JPG

DSC00867.JPG

DSC00875.JPG

P1230734.JPG

P1230732.JPG

P1230731.JPG

DSC00889.JPG

P1230730.JPG

P1230737.JPG

Epilogue.
I had cause to go back to the Haven a few months after we had finished building 'The Clapper'
As I walked along the quay side I stood looking at Lucky XI. People were certainly busy fitting her out.

A booming voice sounded from her innards.
"Hey, Mr. Ron. How am you doin' Honkey?! Mr. Idu Chukumupp had spoken.
He came ashore to greet me and we sat down on a bench whilst he filled me in with all that had happened in my absence.

"Dat Chippy man Mr. Edwards got fed up wid 'is pleeyus, so wid de money from de pub build, I bought it! I also am dun a deal wid de brewery 'an I bought dis tug from dem too. Man, I is livin' on de muder right now!"
A female voice issued from the tug's interior.
"Hey, big boy. Lunch is served." She appeared for but a few seconds, but I recognized her immediately.

"I gotta go man, I forgot to say I'm in love an' I'm goin' to marry dat woman. Listen spook, get yorself ober to mah chippy an' try my special batter. I'll pay!"

And with that he disappeared below. I never saw him again.
I hadn't the heart to tell him that his to be bride was one Betty 'Bury me in a Y shaped coffin' Trymbush - The sailors friend.

The queue at the Chippy was a long one, but Idu's lads Meekan and Takdee soon served me and wished me well. "Enjoy de batter Mr. Ron!"
I returned to the bench and tucked in to my meal. A seagull landed close by. I couldn't resist tossing it a chunk of batter. Gulp, it was gone. Then after a short while, the seagull started to walk sideways and nod its head in time with its feet. Pretty soon I was keeping time too!
I informed my new feathered friend that this is very nice batter and certainly tastes different to others I've tried.
I finished my lunch and had a deep and meaningful conversation with the chippy litter bin.

I headed for the pub. Strange, I couldn't feel my feet on the floor.
A pint of beer bought, I went outside on to the patio.

A short time later a mans voice filtered through to my brain.
"Excuse me sir, would you mind climbing down from the table and put your clothes on, you are upsetting my customers!"
I looked down at him.
I managed to focus in on the voice
"Good Lord, Mr. 'King Edward' Edward Edwards, what are you doing here?"

After he wrestled me into his office and sat me down he said " The Brewery advertised for a live-in General Manager so as I was fed up with the chippy, I sold it and then applied for and got the job.....Hello Officer. Yes, another one that's eaten Mr. Idu's batter!"

Half a dozen others who were 'Battered' were released after a night in the cells.
Unfortunately I didn't have time to go and appologise to Mr. Edwards about my behavior. I had a van waiting.

My last view of the Haven was from the back window of the vehicle as it climbed away from this lovely place.

"Look Officer, my wrists are killing me. Can you slacken off these handcuffs a bit?"

.......and thus it ends.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What an absolute little gem! You've excelled yourself there young Ron!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Fantastic modelling and story telling. Photos are superb. Love all the little bits of detail like the chains half buried in the mud. As Dave says "You've excelled yourself".
Jim

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing work ron , a superbly realistic creation and a back story to match , put me a large haddock in , im on my way , cheers tony

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Ron,

After this masterpiece of art and the well spun yarn that goes with it, you can be silly any time you want to!!! Thanks for the truly outrageous project here!!!

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I can smell the sea air and fish and chips right when's the next bus.
Brilliantly executed I have enjoyed every minute of your build.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ron,
Bravo Sir, I read that last part of the story laughing out loud. Superb story and build. Already looking for the next adventure.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautifully executed. I think the batter would qualify as an edible here :smiling4::upside::relieved:. Narative is way cool. PaulE

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Is it just me or has our John got some sort of time machine? I just noticed all of today's posts on this thread are marked for yesterday:upside:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
If I didn't know better I'd swear that is the illustrious 453 chatting up a bird on the upper deck of the Clapper while young 570 suns himself at a nearby table! Well done Ron you have a wonderful imagination and quite a talent for spinning a good yarn...I just love a good sea story, takes me back to the days I spent in the good old U.S.N. Cheers, Rick H.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is by far one of the best you have done to date. If you dont put that on a show bench you're as mad as that brilliant back story.

Great work Ron.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a way to start the weekend!

Thank you all ever so much for your excellent comments.

I'm truly chuffed to bits with the response my model has received both during the build and with the finished job.

I've had a good laugh along the way and if I've brought a smile to just one person's chops with the add-on bit of fictitious burbling, then I'm double chuffed!

Once again, thank you..... :thumb2:

Ron