A Heap of Scrap Metal on a Paradise Shoreline.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bus passes, shipwreaks, where next ! :tears-of-joy:.570.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks really realistic 570 .:thumb2:
John

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
570 did I read dogs " boils "
Well I'll have a seat, above any water line please, and out of the wind.
Coffee and toast for breakfast .
Captain Cook .
Depends on which end of the country you live and if you roll your R's :tears-of-joy:.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
So. Butter on the dog's boils ay? What in the names of all the gods do you put on your toast?!
Just do not ask, got some strange traditions thereabouts, ooooaaaarrrrr....

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Ron,
Just read through the build, and very impressed with the build and proceedures.
So wothout further ado, I will pull up a chair and sit here quietly - not.
Mike.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers boys....
Using scrap pieces of polystyrene packing, I've started to build the base. I only have the vaguest of ideas where I'm heading with this, so clutching a can, it's into the unknown I go.......:upside:

Tentative cut out for the hull.
P1220245.JPG

Painted with cheapo acrylics then given a first coating of 'sand'
P1220246.JPG

Vessel plonked on to try and get a feel for what I'm after. Not much luck just yet, but hopefully summat will get into my nut soon enough!
P1220247.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
He'll eat yer pies and blacken yer eyes, he's "Barnacle Ron" the sailor! Coming on like a cat's whisker 570. Keep your scatter gun close in case of incoming water fowl or other flying objects.:tongue-out3: Arrrrrr, Matey!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Up to your usual standards Ron. I gotta question I just KNOW you're gonna find an answer for though. Given that rock almost in the centre of the entrance to the tiny bay where the ship is marooned, how did it get in there?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Up to your usual standards Ron. I gotta question I just KNOW you're gonna find an answer for though. Given that rock almost in the centre of the entrance to the tiny bay where the ship is marooned, how did it get in there?

See the thing is old lad, I've modelled the wreck at low water 'Springs'. Which to us wot knows, spring tides are when the tide goes out its furthest and comes in its highest.
So picture the poor rudderless vessel at the mercy of Hurricane Gern. In the howling wind, she hits the rocks at half tide. At high spring tide the wind and water pushes her over that middle rock and further up the beach then spins her round parallel to the raging surf. The crew, thankful to be alive, head ashore to the nearest Wetherspoons for an all day breakfast!

Yet again the lad wriggles off the hook!

The diorama is almost finished. Hopefully I will be able to post the finished pictures tomorrow.

Ron

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
What a cracking, build and of course banter!! Bet salted butter would make ones eyes water

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I am glad I have my boots on for this as sometimes it does get deep. Really Ron, this is another epic idea you have turned into reality and are doing a smashing job so far. The high tide rock story was the best (so far) and the boat looks fantastic and well worn...Kudos man!!!

Prost
Allen

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
You make it looks so easy Ron!
You certainly have an eye for all this dio-ramering :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The tide isn't the only thing that is getting deep here...Hip waders for all hands as the sea stories explode in wonderment and venture into the realm of unbelievability!
Miraculous recovery 570, Matron has your bed turned down...I'll get my coat. Rick H.