'A heap of scrap metal on a paradise shoreline'

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Oh, n

Oh no, I've been rumbled! And of all people it had to be Mr. Dave.....
O.k., I admit to being a fraud. I beg your forgiveness. I promise to double up on Tunnocks at Cosford.

Here is the real finished kit.
View attachment 333487

...and now to answer Neil's question. I get the clear silicone from Lidl. It only becomes available now and then. Just keep your eyes peeled, then stock up. Be aware in some outlets, tubes of silicone will have 'Translucent' marked on the tube. This is indeed milky when dry.

Finally, what a terrific response to my wreck model. Absolutely amazing. Thank you all ever so much, I really did get a buzz on reading all your very generous comments.

Thanks again chaps.

Ron

No problem Ron. I'm sure the mix up over the pics was just an oversight and not done with malice aforethought. Thanks for putting up the right one.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A very impressive and most realistic result. In my travels around the world (on ships with a bit more paint on than yours) I've seen a few wrecks and to me each one tells a story. That's the mood you've captured here.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the excellent and humorous posts chaps.

Not long now to the reunion...... :thumb2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
......................................................................................................................................................................................... !!!:surprised::surprised::surprised:

thats me being gobsmacked, as always your eye for realism and setting is flawless matey .Superlative skills and top quality photography and composition have produced a totally realistic scene . did i mention i think this is quite good? Crack open a Boddies and give yourself a pat on the back , its never been more deserving . I look forward to seeing your barnacle encrusted bulwarks at Cosford

yours Tom the cabin boy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much for the ace compliments 'Tom'....... :thumb2:

Your leading seaman - Staynes

First Name
Noel
Nice model, well executed. Was the old Revell Kandahar Fishing Trawler the basis for the model. It has appeared from Revell as a spy ship and under various other names when re re re released over the years.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice to see this is still lying on the beach.

Thanks Noel, I'm glad you like the wreck. It's the Revell North Sea Trawler. Probably the same kit you mention in your post. I wouldn't know to be honest.

I used it for an earlier diorama 'Leaving Port'. Then had it fishing in Arctic Waters, before it ended up on this tropical beach. It's been around a bit. A great model to build and soooo versatile!

Thanks again.
Ron