A light snowfall -ardenne 1944

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Judging by the excellent reading on the forum at the moment, I would hazzard a guess we will be knee deep in snow in nothing flat!!

So here are a few pictures of the first light snow flurry in the Ardenne before we have to get the shovels out.

I look forward to seeing my friend's 'proper' snow scenes:cold2:

Hope you like this set.

P.S. the uniform trousers and helmets are grey but the camera for some reason has given them a blue tint, sorry! Also, the Stug just wandered into shot, honest!

Ron

View attachment 20074

View attachment 20075

View attachment 20076

View attachment 20077

View attachment 20078

View attachment 20079

View attachment 20080

View attachment 20081

DSC01529.JPG

DSC01533.JPG

DSC01539.JPG

DSC01540.JPG

DSC01551.JPG

DSC01552.JPG

DSC01556.JPG

DSC01543.JPG

S

Sky Raider

Very nice Ron, It gave me a shudder just thinking about being there on a cold bitter morning, not feeling your fingers or toes. Great work mate.

Andy

N

noble

Yet another nice one from you ron as usual very lovely detail, superb mate and keep up the good work.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you for the nice comments my friends, but I suspect this is only a precursor for a big dollop of the white stuff destined to be coming our way from other sources...No names, no Wirral!

:chillin: Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I see you've been at it again Ron. As usual, top build mate. I love the way you put them together too.

Keep it up bud, John

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another wonderful piece.

I see what you mean about the Stug though. Seems like nowadays you've only got to have a camera in your hand an' someone will come nosing about to see what you're takin' a picture of!

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
sublime work once again ron! how do you manage to knock em out so quickly? Really gives you the feeling of cold slushy conditions. Btw ,is that dock flowers youve used for the fallen leaves ? it looks stunningly realistic! The thing i love about your dios ron ,is that you can always imagine yourself being there theyre that realistic ,youve got a real eye for what looks right. well done once again , cheers tony

D

dubster72

Finally I can see the pics in all their glory! A mobile phone simply won't do-damn my u/s home computer! Great work Ron, as always you really bring the subject to life & put the viewer right there. What do you use for your dio materials? I'd like to borrow some of your ideas if I may.

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've been away over the w/end so am only now catching up.

Thank you all for the praise. totally unwarranted but very nice!!

Tony, the fallen leaves are just dead leaves or seed heads from my garden...again! scrunched up and scattered about.

Patrick, I used the same basic build as in my stage built dio. which I put on the forum recently, but with a bit of polyfilla put in a sieve and sprinkled on the finished model......Don't you just luuuuurve the stuff?

Thanks again for the nice words.

Ron