A liitle help with a decision...

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Hello Gang,

Wifey has told me she wants me to treat myself to a kit that is a stand out build, she thinks the challenge would be good for me.

So, in a nutshell can I draw on your learned experience on very good kits?

I'm steering towards aircraft , mainly WWII, but anything goes.

Price isn't an issue, but I'm not looking at a £200 odd price tag!!!

I know there are some gems out there so all ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Del

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Del...lucky you. I think any Zoukei-Mura kit won't burst the budget and with full interior will be challenging.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
How about the Meng 1/32 Dr1 triplane? Can’t get much more iconic than the Red Baron, and it’s the nearest most of us will get to Wingnut Wings now they’ve gone.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Del - If there was only one aircraft model I could build then it would have to be the best model kit produced by any company in any scale. For that there are two contenders, both Tamiya 1/32 scale, the Corsair (any of the three versions produced) or the Mosquito.

The other Tamiya 1/32 warbirds are not far behind and by that I mean any of the Mustang, Spitfire or Zero kits.

All the rest are 'also runs' but leading alternative would be the later Zoukei Mura kits. All in all though, on just about every measure the Tamiya 'superkits' beat them.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You’ll never get it to fly Del :smiling2: It will be a really cool build though.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Ssooo jealous, enjoy!

Had the run of the BoB Lancaster a good few years back, fantastic day

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That is a very good kit to build, but also quite complex, where it comes to the winches and things on the tractor. It is to the standards you can expect from Tamiya, so building it should not be any problem, and they really put the effort in because it was a “300th (?) kit in this range” special. It’s not without the typical Tamiya simplifications, but you can be sure you have an impressive model when it’s finished.

Last edited: