A little of what you Fantasy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Be careful John when speaking of lighting things up...453 is out there waiting his opportunity to put the conglag to your towering (inferno) epic.
Cheers, Rick H. BTW, Really nice build so far.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks chaps. 453 is under matron's supervision and not allowed any naked flame, or naked anything else for that matter.

My figures are going to take a while to come so in the meantime I have started to think about illumination. (Note 453 NOT lighting) I have done a quick rough in of the main tower lights. just two LED's powered by a 9v battery. The flame at the door is a fibre optic run into an evergreen tube which has a hotglue flame stuck on the end. Hot glue is useful for this type of thing since it naturally forms a flamey shape and it is perfectly clear when cool. The colouring is done with Tamiya clear red and clear orange.

lighting1.jpg

The wiring for all this will need to be tidied up. I may also add some colouring to the LEDs directly when the gallery room is a little more furnished. I also need to glaze the circular window.

John

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very impressive John, What a nice warm effect it has on the overall structure. Well done!
Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, the moment I saw you light up the building, Debby Boon's song started ringing in my head. :smiling6: Impressive it is...just don't let 453 near the door.

Cheers,
Richard

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks for all the encouragement.

Another snow day today so I decided to do a little gardening.

tree.jpg

Planted a few mushrooms.

mushrooms.jpg

Oh and I finished the library in the gallery room.

library.jpg

Now I have been checking how many fantasy cliches I am including. So far.

Castle - check
Oak door - check
Gnarly old tree - check
mushrooms - check
flaming torch - check
Owls - check

Lots more to go even before the figures get here.

John

P

Polux

Love it!! The tree looks really cool!!
Wow!! What a library you have there. Alchemist volumes maybe...??

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I don't know how you come up with your ideas. Always interesting and you have the skills to turn them into reality. This is great.
jim

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
Amazing what happens when modelling under the influence, I keep suggesting to the management that I need more liquid inspiration, she suggested a left hook behind the ear.....
Great modelling, now onto page two.
Mike.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks again chaps

I find that ideas come from looking around at the junk that is laying about in my study, or that I find around the grocery or hardware store. Like all modellers my first question is always, Now what could I do with that. Once an idea germinates it soon takes on a life of its own. Not everything works.
Mike You now that keeping things lubricated in the winter can stop a little of drying out and chafing.

Got around to a few more cliches today.

Spurious Celtic decoration - check
Anthropomorphism - check
A bard - check

First figures turned up,

Made a curtain for the library window.

I had this crazy idea that fantasy figures would still have a certain Scale to them. What was I thinking? Obviously a sword wielding medieval mouse can be about 10 foot tall when compared to human figures. Btw the bard is really quite a nice little figure. I am looking forward to painting him.

John

P

Polux

I love the bard figure, looks so cool and ideal for the pearl that you are building.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great progress. Tower is awesome.
Mouse figure looks clean and detailed.....he’ll look great as an albino......quite other worldly...what range is he from?
I know that someone did lord of the rings mice figures, but I can’t remember who.....
Love the bard as well, nicely animated, but a little softer in detail....