A Mother Ship and Lunar Rover.- Made from card and junk......

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
So sad that Ian's proposed Sci-Fi 'Fun' G.B. fell short of the required number by just one more member joining the build.....

I have little interest in Sci-Fi, but unperturbed, I'm going ahead with what was to be my entry.
..............................................................................................

"There's life, Jim, but not as we know it!" So spoke 'Scottie', Chief Engineer on board The Star Ship U.S.S. Enterprise.

This famous quote will be the basis for this build.

All I have in mind thus far is summat wot will carry summat else and boldly go where no man has gone before - Deep Space!

I will scratch build the things from whatever is at hand. I haven't a clue what scale it will be. I will just design and build it to a comfortable and manageable size. They will be a complete figment of my imagination....Gawd help me!

....so countdown to blast off has commenced.

Dan 'Buzz' Lightyear Dare

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Good to see you've been let out - again. Meds must be working.
I shall enjoy seeing what your modelling skills and crazy imagination come up with.
Jim

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good to see the creative juices are running again Ron……..I wonder what you’ll turn out……be difficult to throw the model up to space for photography though…..
Montgomery Scott is a worthwhile actor to quote, by the way, he landed on Juno beach during D Day and was wounded in the line of duty……

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh my, well we can expect bits of the new conservatory, bit of pond lining and quite a few polystyrene bases.
Carry on 570 your fans are waiting.

453 Sputnik Launch Dept.

Tyuratam launch base in the Kazakh Republic.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Oh my, well we can expect bits of the new conservatory, bit of pond lining and quite a few polystyrene bases.
Carry on 570 your fans are waiting.

453 Sputnik Launch Dept.

Tyuratam launch base in the Kazakh Republic.

And we musn't forget the 'garage sweepings'!

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Shame about the GB I was looking forward to it, been collecting crap/ materials! Might jump on board when I get some other stuff finished.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks everyone for the most excellent and humorous posts. It's good to know I won't be drifting around in me capsule on me'yown.

I just hope Matron doesn't cotton on to where I'm going!

Hikaru Kato Sulu. Helmsman, USS Enterprise

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Shame about the GB I was looking forward to it,

Mark, yes it is and all for the sake of just one more 'Joinee'

Why don't you do what I'm doing and build something anyway?

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks everyone for the most excellent and humorous posts. It's good to know I won't be drifting around in me capsule on me'yown.

I just hope Matron doesn't cotton on to where I'm going!

Hikaru Kato Sulu. Helmsman, USS Enterprise

"Ground control to Major Tom": Just letting you know you're not alone. Maybe we can't help directly, but you got a lot of moral support!

PS When you talk about life, but not as we know it, does that mean you've finally found a use for all that pink belly-button fluff you so carefully collected and saved all those years ago?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
"Ground control to Major Tom": Just letting you know you're not alone. Maybe we can't help directly, but you got a lot of moral support!

PS When you talk about life, but not as we know it, does that mean you've finally found a use for all that pink belly-button fluff you so carefully collected and saved all those years ago?
First of all I don't know why it's Pink. :thinking::confounded: Anyway I see a Picasso in space coming up, Ron.

Cheers,
Richard

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
First of all I don't know why it's Pink. :thinking::confounded: Anyway I see a Picasso in space coming up, Ron.

Cheers,
Richard

I don't know why it's pink either Richard, but that's the colour Ron said it was a few years ago when the topic first came up. I seem to remember suggesting it could be used for sheep's wool, but Ron said he couldn't think of any way to change the colour.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one boys!
Re. the pink navel fluff. It was left there when my missus's hair was that colour! :flushed:........Photos sent in a plain brown envelope (if required!)

Moving swiftly on.
After a fair bit of thinking as to just what I would want in a roving Lunar vehicle, I've started on the design and construction . It's going to be like a 'Push me, pull you' Bendy Bus. More later, but here is the start.
I drew the shape out directly on to thin card. Then cut and scribed the outline.

Here are the stages thus far.

Marked, cut out and ready to scribe and fold.
P1310457.JPG

Folded and glued. I used UHU general purpose glue. All a bit rough just yet.....
P1310459.JPG

The second, identical one ready. This one will go back to back with the first.
P1310463.JPG

Ignition sequence started...