A Problem on the Ponte Rivetto Contatore...Fusilli, Italy 1944

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive comments boys.

I've added some darker colours to the river bed, dam overflows and river banks. This latest coat should be enough. I'll see......

On both the river bed and banks, I've left a load of polystyrene 'Balls' exposed. Most folks go to a lot of work to hide the stuff. To my eye, I think it adds a bit of interest to the surfaces.

All hail to my exposed balls!

P1290149.JPG

P1290148.JPG

P1290150.JPG

P1290151.JPG

P1290147.JPG

Nearly ready for some silicone 'Waater'

Cheers and thanks for your continued interest. Much appreciated.

Ron

Last edited:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Ron, the paintwork is nicely coloured around the weir outlets & the paving on the banks looks post flood muddy! :thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys, all great comments.

After further blimping, I still need to add a bit more paint etc. to the river area, then hopefully, I will add the 'water'.

Taking well earned breaks from a certain ship build, I've been musing over how to make me some roof tiles for the buildings.
There is a stubborn streak in me that refuses to buy ready made 'anything'. I like the challenge of trying to come up with summat that will fit the bill - My bill , that is. ;)

After much experimenting with different stuff, I've settled on these.
Made from ordinary paper, painted with water colours, 'creased' with the back of my scalpel blade, cut into strips and glued to card.

I've deliberately made the rows' wonky'
P1290138.JPG

Just enough profile.
P1290135.JPG

The full set.
P1290145.JPG

P1290146.JPG

Just 'plonked' on the buildings for now.
P1290153.JPG

Cheers,

Rhoofer Anne Tyler

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Jim, I'm glad you like them. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive posts boys and sorry for the delay in acknowledging same. I was sidetracked by a certain ship..... ;)

Update...
The present Mr's Ron went for her first jab yesterday and on her return home, she presented me with two tubes of clear silicone. She reasoned that although not necessary within the guidelines, as she passed 'Screwfix' anyway,(other similar establishments are available, but might not be open) she decided a quick diversion to purchase the stuff would not play on her conscience.....What a star!

The upshot of me receiving said silicone is I can now proceed with all things watery.

I've given the dam wall, river and banks a coat of green and deepened the 'water'. Painting 'Wet on Wet' allows the different colours to merge, thus preventing any hard lines.
It is now ready to put a shine on the surface to try a get some nice reflections going. Then I'll apply of the silicone.
P1290423.JPG

P1290424.JPG

Now I'm back on track and fired up with this build, I've also started trashing some of the buildings. More on this next time......

Thanks for looking in.

Regards,
Bruno Tonioli

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dear Mr B Tonioli.
Do you offer these tiles for purchase ? They certainly look the part .
We would like to order 2000 of your roof tiles for a future building project for a Russian Oligarch.

F.O.B . With payment by bankers draft .
Yours .
Ivan Raceiski.
Stalingrad Building Company .