A Problem on the Ponte Rivetto Contatore...Fusilli, Italy 1944

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant comments, boys. Thank you.
In all fairness to my sweet wife, she knows full well that bringing home any suggestion of decorating etc., would only put my enthusiasm, even thinking about such nonsense , back yet another decade!

After simply brushing on just a couple of coats of cheapo gloss varnish, I've managed to get the 'wet' surfaces showing subtle reflections and movement.

P1290435.JPG

P1290437.JPG

Cheers,

Spredd De' Watter

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Whilst I'm waiting for the varnish to dry completely, I've made a start on the damaged buildings. In my mind's eye, the worst damage needs to be in the vicinity of the bridge. but as anyone who builds dioramas knows, anything can change - and probably will!

Here's the first building. To try ideas and hopefully, to get my eye in, I've start on the smallest.

!st floor made from cut down foam board.
P1290414.JPG

Glued in place. Don't forget the stair well!
P1290415.JPG

Just go with an educated guess re. the chunk to cut out. Don't discard this, as it will be cut up and used for rubble and will be the correct amount of volume.P1290416.JPG

P1290419.JPG

Roof bent....
P1290418.JPG

1st. floor internal wall fitted. All ready for a bit of paint. Then a bit more detail.
P1290422.JPG

Cheers,
Ivor Broakkan Aoos

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Baby, it's cold outside - By the looks of it, anyway!

But, I'm nice and snug in me den. :thumb2:

I've set to painting the first building.
I've used children's acrylics and kind'a imagined I was a bomb.

Confession time.....
To fit the diorama scenario, (so far!) I decided to 'blow off' one corner of the building. This I did below. and painted same.
I checked it on the base and discovered I had destroyed the wrong corner! :upside:
P1290428.JPG

...all was not lost. I destroyed the opposite corner too!
P1290427.JPG

Side elevation of same corner. Shutter to fit on first floor and a question mark on the ground floor.
P1290429.JPG

Front elevation. I fixed a semi-collapsed first floor ceiling. Made from paper and cut down coffee stirrers.
P1290430.JPG

P1290431.JPG

Shutters fitted and a hole where the question mark was. Save me making a window.;)
P1290432.JPG

The finished structure. I simply painted various summat like colours on the house and just let them run where they chose to go. Still plenty of detritus and general debris to add when it is finally fixed to the base
P1290433.JPG

Cheers,
Freddi Dibnahi

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
WOW 570.....talk about "Double Knackered"!! :thumb2: :tongue-out3: :smiling3: Tis a fine job, to be sure. Rick H.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Interesting step by step on the buildings, something I've not tried but may just give it a try Ron, the result looks very good.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

That really is coming very nicely. River great, house VERY nice, even if you did blow the wrong corner off!

You sir really are very good at this modelling malarky!

Keep up the great work.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mr B Tonioli.
In view of the damage your tiles suffer could I withdraw the order, my customer has the habit of firing his AK 47 into the ceiling in moments of excitement.
Yours.
Ivan Raceiski.
Stalingrad Building Company .

Other than that congratulations on another superb build.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for all your most encouraging and complimentary posts chaps.

For the Attention of Ivan Raceiski
I'm sorry for my late response re. your roof tile order request, on behalf of your 'Golly bark' customer. My secret 'arry filed it in 'Pending' and there it stayed!
Also, I'm sad to read of the cancellation of the order.

Well, not really.
You see, when we are in receipt of a big order, such as yours, we do a check on the validity of, shall we say, customer funds.
I sent my agent 00, 01 to track him down. He was found on a yacht in Saint Tropez- Working as a bilge cleaner. My agent also managed to obtain evidence that your man is an impostor and up to his eyeballs in debt.

It was also discovered he is also a seller of doggy watches and can be seen walking local beaches. He can easily be spotted, due to him dragging his knuckles along the sand caused by a mass of watches fastened to either arm.

So to prevent me in the future having to sell off 2000 redundant tiles, please make sure any more of your customers have sufficient wonga!

Speaking of which, and as I type this to you, I have just received an order for exactly the same type and amount from a representative of The Nigerian University, one Idu Chucumupp.
He has asked me to send the tiles C.O.D.. This suits me fine, as I trust him to honour his word. More than can be said of your man!

Yours,
Mrs. Ty Lyng Tonioli

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Dave and Si. All good fun.

Although there are no doubt some on here who don't agree, a bit of banter does no harm......

Second taxi off the rank. This is the right hand side building, across the street from the one with both corners smashed off!
Same 'Destruction' method as the first. As with that one, still loads to add, but the main damage is done.

P1290439.JPG

P1290456.JPG

P1290457.JPG

I've decided to bring all the houses I intend to damage up to this level, then I'll attack all the windows and shutters in one go.

Yours,
I. Braika de' Billdin.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Whatever various professions you may have followed in your life Ron, if demolitions expert wasn't one of them, you missed out on your true calling!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Dave and Si. All good fun.

Although there are no doubt some on here who don't agree, a bit of banter does no harm......

Second taxi off the rank. This is the right hand side building, across the street from the one with both corners smashed off!
Same 'Destruction' method as the first. As with that one, still loads to add, but the main damage is done.

View attachment 414030

View attachment 414031

View attachment 414032

I've decided to bring all the houses I intend to damage up to this level, then I'll attack all the windows and shutters in one go.

Yours,
I. Braika de' Billdin.
I would like to say how good I think this is but words fail me.......simple, very simple and yet brilliant!

ATB

Andrew