A Problem on the Ponte Rivetto Contatore...Fusilli, Italy 1944

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent stuff. Thanks boys.

Andrew. Glad you are enjoying the trip into the unknown - I'm starting to!

Tim. I have a bag of that cereal and one of Rice Crispies, all scrunched up ready to go. Save me infuriating the bride by coming in from the shed and digging me dirty mits in a nice clean packet of the stuff.

Thanks again for the positive comments. Much appreciated.

Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I crushed up half a Weetabix (other similar bickies are available) and sprinkled this over the filler to add to the 'rocks' look.
Ye Gods he'll be using spaghetti for tow ropes and fish fingers as ammo boxes next.
Jim

Does look very good indeed though. Looking forward to the buildings.

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Boys, the witty and complimentary posts are just the ticket on this miserable day, that's for sure! Great stuff.

The base isn't quite dry, so no further progress on the river painting today.
However, I've cut out the windows and doors etc. on the paper templates, ready to transfer the shapes to the foam board.

I've gone for a bit of variation - Up and down windows, openings and arches. Most of the windows will have shutters, some open, some closed - And a good number blown to hell and back! In my mind's eye, I want the buildings to look 'All over the place'
P1290077.JPG

P1290078.JPG

The designs still needs a bit of tweaking, a bit on here, some off there. Hopefully, I can sort that out before I do the final cutting out on the foam board.

Cheers, and thanks for your continued support. I know I'm going to need it.......

Stay safe.....

Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks 'Maximus'

Dear POTAC.
Thank you most sincerely for honouring me with this most sort after award. I can't wait to surprise the present Mr. Ron, when I dangle my 'The Dogs' in her face!

Also, please pass on my thanks to the Committee.

P.S. I've lost the bank details of one of the members, Ivor Bungin Abbit. Can you ask him to forward his details please?

Thank you, Pres. 453.

In regard to Ivor Bungin Abbit unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances he is currently in Broadmoor serving a lengthy term for loitering .

I can however except all payments through our Nigerian Bank, details of which you already have.

Prince Akcendo .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one, Andy. :thumb2:

Prince Akcendo.
Sorry to read Abbit is encarcerated. I will of course make a donation towards his family's well being. Particularly in the furthering of his 16th cousin's Nigerian University education.

Update.
I've started transferring the paper templates to the board. I've cut and glued one together. Originally, all the large ground floor cutouts were going to have either double doors, or simply boarded up.

Around 2.am, I needed a tinkle, so up I gets and whilst I was thus engaged, I hit on the idea of opening the open openings, open! Thus creating shaded areas for the masses to hide from the summer sunshine.

Here's one of the buildings thus far. Early days, but the idea has passed it's first reading - The wife!

The 'S's are where I might add closed shutters, thus making cutting out the opening and fitting windows unnecessary.

For a change, I've gone for some part random stonework. Again done with a paint brush ferrule.
P1290097.JPG

P1290091.JPG

Although not very distinct, and because of the change in the building design, I've had to cobble and paint the area inside the arches that was originally hidden and staying white.
P1290096.JPG

P1290090.JPG

Cheers,
Archi Addi Stoni.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My Dear Friend Archi Addi Stoni.

I'm sure he will be pleased, may your house receive many blessings, and your cattle multiply and bring you great wealth.
May I add your building looks the type of dwelling my 6 wives would like to move into, can you travel to Nigeria asap please and start construction ?

Prince Akcendo.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you Andrew and Prince Akcendo for your excellent posts.

P.K. Thank you for all your blessings. I've sent word to our friend Idu Chuckemupp, in his Lucky XI tugboat down at the Haven. I've asked him to round up his old mates Takdee and Meekan.
They should be with you in about a week's time.....Please ensure your 6 wives are safely out of harms way, preferably in another country!

Your Servant,
A. A. Stoni

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Glad to see you've found gainful employment for Idu and the lads. This looks like a big job for just one man, and with the current economic climate, I'm sure they're grateful for the work.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you Andrew and Prince Akcendo for your excellent posts.

P.K. Thank you for all your blessings. I've sent word to our friend Idu Chuckemupp, in his Lucky XI tugboat down at the Haven. I've asked him to round up his old mates Takdee and Meekan.
They should be with you in about a week's time.....Please ensure your 6 wives are safely out of harms way, preferably in another country!

Your Servant,
A. A. Stoni
The Hon Archi Addi Stoni.

Greeting my dear friend to you and your bride.

I am looking fwd to meeting the fine gentlemen you have spoken so well about, are you quite sure they are free of the crabs now ?

How kind of you to offer to pay for the movement of the wives, I have despatched them to the Savoy Hotel in Ghana, a very fine metal hut with instruction to sent the bill to your good self.

May the Gods Blesses fall upon you your family and cattle.

I bid you farewell .

Prince Akcend.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Prince K., thank you for your further blessings.
They have passed all the very relaxed U.K laws on emigration and travel, not like we have on immigration. :rolling:

I don't recall offering to pay for your wive's expenses. They are on their own mate!

....and I bid you a farewell.

A.A. Stoni.

I have constructed the outer shells of more buildings. Now they are temporarily plonked on the base, I see some quite radical alterations are required.........

But for now.

P1290105.JPG

P1290106.JPG

P1290109.JPG

Cheers all and thanks for all your encouraging comments thus far.

Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
.... plonked.....
And there is my word for the day...

Personally I think we don't use the word enough in the modelling fraternity.

We use words and phrases like 'placed', "after a lot of thought' and 'strategically located' etc. etc., when actually we've just plonked it on where we think it looks ok, to see what it looks like! ;)

On a truly serious note. The buildings look great Ron and I like where they've been 'plonked'!!! :thumb2:

ATB.

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andrew. 'Plonked' is a fine word for sure. Along with 'removing snots', are words and phrases of long standing in the building trade. Also, thank you for the compliment.

Hey amigo Neil.
Youi myst eet on'a de forst pagei. Eet is 1/72. Gladdi you like'a de 'aoosis!