A question

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I'm just wondering - can a build be in two (or more!) GBs at tha same time? For example, the Airfix 1/72 Cromwell starter set would meet the rules for both Small Armour and Starter Set GBs.
Not that there'd be any point in entering it in both.

Pete

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Short reply to that would be no. All builds for a GB must be new and not started.
There have been rare occasions when a kit that has had one or two bits glued has been included, simply due to the builder not being aware that it could go in a GB if they wish.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks for the simple answer Ian, but I'm not sure it answers the question. A new unstarted Cromwell could be entered in either of the GBs I mentioned, but I can't see anything that would stop it being entered in both, provided the start dates coincide.

Pete

P

Polux

Suppose it’s possible, but what sense it has?
Is better to run, in one GB, building one subject. If you want to participate on another GB, then, choice a different build. Repeat the same photos and updates on a different thread, isn’t so practice.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Which part of "the short reply is no" are you having difficulty understanding?
Also all GB builds must be new. If you post it in one build then it would no longer be a new build in the second.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks Polux. As I said, it would be pointless, I just wondered if I'd missed something. Please remember a GB to me means a gearbox!

Pete

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi gearbox...
As I see it, it would be perfectly within the rules to make one Cromwell starter kit for the starter G.B., and then another new Cromwell starter kit for the Small Armour G.B.

Now't wrong with that, a bit pointless of course but if purse strings were a bit tight it would allow participation in both G.B.'s for around £10.00...... :thumb2:

Ron