A Ref Book would be nice....

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Guys,
Just a quickie,i`m looking for something along the lines of the "Osprey" Books that i already have regarding WW2 Uniforms etc....
I`ve tried for AGES this afternoon,trying to find something similar for US Army/Tank Crews serving in the Vietnam war...... i can find paint sets,but not actual ref books?:flushed:
I don`t wanna spend a fortune,but can anyone suggest a publication that i could look for?:hungry:
Any help at all will be VERY much appreciated!
Cheers,
Andy

D

Deleted member 5496

Hi Guys,
Just a quickie,i`m looking for something along the lines of the "Osprey" Books that i already have regarding WW2 Uniforms etc....
I`ve tried for AGES this afternoon,trying to find something similar for US Army/Tank Crews serving in the Vietnam war...... i can find paint sets,but not actual ref books?:flushed:
I don`t wanna spend a fortune,but can anyone suggest a publication that i could look for?:hungry:
Any help at all will be VERY much appreciated!
Cheers,Andy

All free Andy just put in browser search US Army/Tank Crews serving in the Vietnam war PICTURES & you will get this free. Best reference info ever for all subjects.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Just to confirm there are two results above. Pinterest makes it look as though theres is the only one.

Laurie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I have this one

9780811725842-uk.jpg

and Ospreys US Infantryman in Vietnam

us-army-infantryman-in-vietnam-1965-73_5b6bc89bb7d7bc2341bc38a9.jpg

The Shelby book is superb but all in B&W except for 4 colour photos. The Osprey one has a couple of pages of colour uniforms but the rest is narrative. I have them in electronic form which I can send you if you dont want to buy them.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
i`m looking for something along the lines of the "Osprey" Books that i already have regarding WW2 Uniforms etc....
Tank crew uniforms in Vietnam are very easy: the same jungle fatigues (jacket and trousers, or just the trousers if it was very hot) and boots as infantry, plus a tank helmet and usually a flak vest. Personal equipment was generally limited to a pistol belt with a holstered M1911A1 and probably an ammo pouch, plus whatever rifle, shotgun, grenade launcher or whatever they kept handy on the vehicle.

army-vietnam-cvc-tank-apc-armor_1_2417321f5e7498ff9267cd4a5737dc12.jpgTony Venturini.jpgvietnam03650.jpg

If you have an hour to spare:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
All free Andy just put in browser search US Army/Tank Crews serving in the Vietnam war PICTURES & you will get this free. Best reference info ever for all subjects.

Laurie

Hey Laurie!!
Thanks so much for that.......much better than anything i managed to find!!:thumb2:
Cracking stuff indeed Sir......... MUCH APPRECIATED:cool:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I have this one

View attachment 420117

and Ospreys US Infantryman in Vietnam

View attachment 420118

The Shelby book is superb but all in B&W except for 4 colour photos. The Osprey one has a couple of pages of colour uniforms but the rest is narrative. I have them in electronic form which I can send you if you dont want to buy them.
Nice one Steve,Thanks mate,
I did see those two whilst trawling through the various sites earlier,i was just unsure how much help they would be when thinking Uniform colours wise:rolling:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Tank crew uniforms in Vietnam are very easy: the same jungle fatigues (jacket and trousers, or just the trousers if it was very hot) and boots as infantry, plus a tank helmet and usually a flak vest. Personal equipment was generally limited to a pistol belt with a holstered M1911A1 and probably an ammo pouch, plus whatever rifle, shotgun, grenade launcher or whatever they kept handy on the vehicle.

View attachment 420122View attachment 420123View attachment 420124

If you have an hour to spare:

As usual you`ve come up trumps with assistance thanks Jakko:thumb2:,excellent stuff........
..... I`ll look at the video a bit later,when i have more time to burn!;),
Andy