'A retirement home for Lucky XI'... Revell Tug Boat.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570 .
Super work and a story to boot.
How I missed a lot of this I never know, I do how ever have it on good authority the Nigeria now has a shortage of unskilled builders and scammers having all left for a small fishing port in the UK.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Any time 570 adds Zulus to the mix things get very interesting...even fire JR. Looking the real deal Ron, will look for the rest of it in the completed section. Cheers, Rick H.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
570 .
Super work and a story to boot.
How I missed a lot of this I never know, I do how ever have it on good authority the Nigeria now has a shortage of unskilled builders and scammers having all left for a small fishing port in the UK.

I'm not surprised. There seems to be plenty of work for them, with an excellent chippy for their meals and a great pub for their entertainment. Who wouldn't want to move there?

D

Deleted member 7181

In fact the model is as good as finished. All I really need now is to titivate it a bit and wait for some decent sunshine.... :rolling:
A UK seaside town in decent sunshine?

It's looking so realistic you need to have a believable setting too. Driving rain and fog ought to do it :smiling5:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
:smiling5:
Thanks chaps.
Big change (As usual!)
I wasn't totally happy with the incoming tide wavelets, figuring the water would still be a bit muddy so....

View attachment 349758

I brushed some brown paint onto the whole surface (silicone incl.) to try and tone down the blue and green and look what happened! By sheer accident I've produced exactly the effect I was after - A sort of foamy surge as the water races over the shallow mud. I think my late dad was looking over my shoulder.......:thumb2:

Any blue sky will hopefully still be reflected in the finished surface.

I hope you approve of the Mk. II tide surge.

Cheers.
Ron
Many a great thing was made by accident Ron, Me for example.
:smiling5::smiling5:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Job Done!
Thanks to all you great people for sticking with the build and providing me with not only plenty of encouragement, but also for all the fun and good hearted banter along the way.
DSC00861.JPG

Final pictures posted over in 'Dioramas Completed'

Thanks again.
Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL 570 how i missed this fantastic dio i dont know as i was on the site at the time an it makes me wonder what eles ive missed but it may be down to the fact i was buildin that little tiger build an was wrapped up in that but 570( Ron ) THIS dio was one of the best an story line ive ever seen an i really enjoyed readin through your blog VERY VERY WELL DONE SIR an now i know where the clacker comes from as ive been wondering about that for some time AN MANY THANKS TO Ian for findin it up for me WELL DONE SIR
ATB ALL
chrisb

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Don't feel bad Chris, I miss a lot on here also. But l agree with you on the story line on this dio, It was a fun time for us all ;)