A sad end

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
It's always sad when a piece of history is lost be it a building, a piece of art or in this case a boat. I suppose financial constraints mean we can't preserve everything. Still a shame though.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sad indeed.
I've been on the lookout for a lightship kit for yonks. Those that do come up are either too expensive or overseas.

...still, where there's life there's hope!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hope you can find one Ron, that decaying ship would make a great dio.
Such a shame, it really ought to be in a museum, but as Jim said we can't preserve everything. A whole lot of what we would today consider to be historic artefacts were destroyed after the was, most people not wanting to be reminded of what they'd been through for the previous 6 years.
Pete

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
It's sad that not everything can be preserved, and unfortunately preservation just delays the inevitable.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
It does frustrate me that lottery money is wasted on some really dumb assed projects but yet when a piece of historical importance needs salvaging they dont step up to the mark. A real shame. Great to see the original photo and artwork. Certainly learnt something new today. Great post Peter

First Name
Tony
Ron,
Earlier in the thread you mentioned a lightship kit. There is currently the Revell Trinity House Lightship on ebay for a reasonable start price.