A Shelf of Doom find.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whilst moving some boxes around in my stash ( to get at the Trumpeter Trench digger ), I found a box that had fallen behind others...........
DSCF2518.JPG
DSCF2519.JPG
I remember vaguely starting this many years ago. I made a stab at filling mould lines on the resin wing joint/fuselage ( Milliput, I reckon ), and ended up breaking the wings off ( I may have been trying to correct warped wings ). I have a poor record with resin models, so I must have put it back in the box in disgust, broken bits, poor filler and all.
Fast forward at least ten years, and here we are today!
DSCF2520.JPGDSCF2521.JPGDSCF2522.JPG
Instructions badly crumpled, but complete - decals look OK. PE fret ( looks like copper ), asmall bag of bits & a slightly yellowed vacform cockpit canopy. I did a bit of research on the 1/72 Hi-Tech Arsenal Delanne 10C2, and it seems to be only one of two, or three models of this strange aircraft ever to be on the market in any scale - all resin. Hi-Tech, was a French company that was in operation around the turn of the century. Odd that no other plastic maker has picked up on this.
I would guess, if this was in perfect condition, that it would have considerable value, but started & with broken bits, not so much. Finding this has piqued my interest, and I might have another attempt to build this, but complete resin kits seem to have a way of annoying me!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes Dave, Jim is quite right , might make me attempt some more link tracks :smiling3:

First Name
Jean-Marc
Whilst moving some boxes around in my stash ( to get at the Trumpeter Trench digger ), I found a box that had fallen behind others...........
View attachment 444813
View attachment 444814
I remember vaguely starting this many years ago. I made a stab at filling mould lines on the resin wing joint/fuselage ( Milliput, I reckon ), and ended up breaking the wings off ( I may have been trying to correct warped wings ). I have a poor record with resin models, so I must have put it back in the box in disgust, broken bits, poor filler and all.
Fast forward at least ten years, and here we are today!
View attachment 444815View attachment 444816View attachment 444817
Instructions badly crumpled, but complete - decals look OK. PE fret ( looks like copper ), asmall bag of bits & a slightly yellowed vacform cockpit canopy. I did a bit of research on the 1/72 Hi-Tech Arsenal Delanne 10C2, and it seems to be only one of two, or three models of this strange aircraft ever to be on the market in any scale - all resin. Hi-Tech, was a French company that was in operation around the turn of the century. Odd that no other plastic maker has picked up on this.
I would guess, if this was in perfect condition, that it would have considerable value, but started & with broken bits, not so much. Finding this has piqued my interest, and I might have another attempt to build this, but complete resin kits seem to have a way of annoying me!
Dave
CCCCCCCCCCCool .....that is quite an Iinteresting subject and you bet I'll be following your WIP ..Go,go,gooo

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
CCCCCCCCCCCool .....that is quite an Iinteresting subject and you bet I'll be following your WIP ..Go,go,gooo
I reckon that I will really have to be in the mood to pick this up again, I can see all sorts of problems. If this thing had been in 1/48, then OK, but in 1/72? My hands aren't as nimble as when I bought this! I'm afraid this will go back to the 'if I really feel like it' section!!
Dave

First Name
Jean-Marc
I reckon that I will really have to be in the mood to pick this up again, I can see all sorts of problems. If this thing had been in 1/48, then OK, but in 1/72? My hands aren't as nimble as when I bought this! I'm afraid this will go back to the 'if I really feel like it' section!!
Dave
....How about doiiiiiiiiiiiiing it strait out of the box, with no fuss..just like your first built model !..CCCCCCCCCCCCome on !!