A Slaughter of Inocents

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A very dark subject but really well executed. You're right about the slaughter though. I'm sure I read that over one million horses were sent to Europe from England during WWI, but literally only a handful were brought back.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
"I'd rather kill a thousand men than have to shoot another horse" Rip. PaulE

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
You've done it again. A model that pulls no punches about the horrors of war. You have a style all of your own. Superb modelling skills.
Jim

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very dark subject matter Jim, but one that does show the reality of war. It is always the innocents that suffer in a conflict be they civvies or animals.

Well made and crafted and the detail is superb, the lone horse makes it more stand out as I ignored the tank and focused on that-which of course, was your intention.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
A very moving scene of sorrow and horror, and the waste of live,very well detail and show,
great work as always Jim,
I did read somewhere about over million,s killed then for the ones that made it,should not name real,
but the french & Belgians love of horse meat so so meany loss, :crying:

Attachments

• _104024137_purplepoppy.jpg
    _104024137_purplepoppy.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 3

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
You've done it again. A model that pulls no punches about the horrors of war. You have a style all of your own. Superb modelling skills.
Jim
Thanks so much Jim, the Missus wishes I would lighten up a bit but what would be the fun of that?

Jim

T

THM

I'm new in this forum, and I'm enjoying a lot every one of your dioramas. Congrats :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'm new in this forum, and I'm enjoying a lot every one of your dioramas. Congrats :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thank you so much, there are plenty to look at going back a few years, dig back into the archives and enjoy! (don't forget to comment ;))

Jim. :smiling4:

D

Deleted member 7237

Wow Jim you certainly captured the horrors of war, despair and cruelty. Excellent work very well done.
Pete.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Totally missed this one Jim. Very atmospheric and thought provoking piece of work