A slight change from my usual AFVs

A

andygh

When I'm tired of olive drab and dunkelgelb I dabble with painting some of my old fantasy figures. I have an old biscuit tin full of white-metal figures that I collected in the 1980s when I was a D&D fan, I find it makes a nice change from gluing plastic

C

CDW

Some really detailed painting on those Andy.

I do the same occasionally ... i have a couple of boxes of these, painted and unpainted .. some need repainting due to paint being chipped from years of use and being stored badly.

I did a D&D ogres thread (think you posted on it) it seems Andrew (boldman), Jason, Polux and Geoff are all into fantasy figures as well.... we should post more about them eh?

Then we should all go over to Spain and have a weeks D&D adventure at Poluxs' House. :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

Polux

Sorry Andy!!!!!!

I lost this thread!!!! OMG!!!!!

Fantastic figures you have there!!! I think is a very interesting Job to "disconnect" from the military vehicles. These figures always me bring recollections, but I have never said my favorite personage (playing) he was a thief with a precious armor of leather with details of silver and a damned arch that was impossible to govern... That big moments and adventures!!!

Colin, and all, always you will have the doors of my house opened!!!

Cheers

Polux

D

Dour

Thieves were always my favourite - but you had to have to have a really good Dungeon Master for them to play well.

C

CDW

Always enjoyed (and ended up) playing my halfling "Mungo" , I've always played him cheeky and inquisitive to the point of being a danger to the Party, sometimes to the annoyance of the other players when trying to be stealthfull, not too much to worry about in a fight though as he's loyal and hard as nails:smiling3: (plus he has a ring of portal so he can pop home 3 times a day and get stuff)

He is colourblind (I once mixed up white and purple worms so the DM tainted my charactor) and has no idea what money is worth, the latter a bit of a pain for the DM as he has to "roll" to see how much money I've got before the dungeon starts.. as "Mungo" just grabs a handfull of coins on the way out of his hut :smiling3:

I am now really edging for a game ...

D

Dour

It's always good to have characteristics that are going to take the play into odd directions. One I liked was 'the Collector', who would pick up anything that 'might be useful' or 'it's old, so it has to be valuable'. Broken chests, rusty armour, used torches, things other people dropped - all these were essential which mean he would be endlessly encumbered and he'd build massive hoards that he'd keep rushing back to check on.