A Soft Top... Without the top!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,apart from posting on my phone recently,i`ve had little to no modelling time!!:anguished:,
.... In my defence.... I`ve been working down in a range of sites,( near to Penzance:loudly-crying:),each and every day,which entails a 220 mile round trip .....
HOWEVER..... This evening.... I`ve started back again with my trudge through this crap build!!:surprised:
I will detract from simply moaning about the kit..;..
Here`s my ,As i like to call it.....,,,,, PROGRESS .....:thinking::thinking::thinking:
IMG20220128173442.jpg

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ahhhhh......Mr.Dewire.......
It is indeed Sir,and thank you:thumb2:,
As for "Wherever Devon is"........
Simple mate........
Head out of Europe towards the UK....just before you hit the fantastic Kent coast.....
Hang a left,(Or to "PORT"),and hug the gorgeous coastline of southern England until the natural Godliness glow turns......
..... into THE FABULOUS GOLDEN GLOW OF THE SOUTH DEVON COAST :cool::cool:............
You can`t go wrong,just look out at the people wandering around and you`ll see the HALOs that we all,(Naturally) ,wear!! :thumb2:
Andy
Deb'n be where Dragons are - the edge of beyond my 'andsome! (Almost Kernow so I'm led to believe!)
Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
"ALMOST KERNOW" ?!!
How very Dare you Sir!!..... I'm a Devonian through and through...
.... which translates as.....
.. NOT ONE OF THEM CORNISH TYPES!! :smiling3:. ;)
ANDY

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good Andy.
Being a Devonian, are you one of those knob throwing types???
Indeed Graeme .....
... if there`s a knob appearing..... i`ll throw it as far as i could possibly do...... especially if they`re Cornish,(Sorry Dan;)!!!!),
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Coming on very nicely mate.
Thanks mate,
Nowhere near your type of modelling,but i`m enjoying myself!!......
I`ve fitted all of the extra bits,and painted up awaiting final weathering,here`s where it`s at currently,next time it`s up will be in the "Completed" section:thumb2:....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
My current pics awaiting final weathering......
IMG20220203190821.jpg
IMG20220203190921.jpg
IMG20220203190845.jpg
Yeah,it don`t look great..... but to be honest,it`s lucky that it didn`t get chucked in the bin!!
Thought i`d persevere as it wasn`t a cheap kit!!.... Obviously not finished quite yet.... but nearly!!:rolling:
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that mate at all.
Thanks very much Scottie,(DAWG ;) !!),
Nice of you to say,especially considering your talents mate... "TOO kind" i may add:thumb2:,
Appreciate your thoughts Sir:cool:,
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's an awfully nice looking "Gun" truck and what you have done with it so far sure passes muster here in N.W. Montana!! If it's lacking anything it would be more "Guns"!! :thumb2: :thumb2: ;) Rick ("The Red Neck") H.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's an awfully nice looking "Gun" truck and what you have done with it so far sure passes muster here in N.W. Montana!! If it's lacking anything it would be more "Guns"!! :thumb2: :thumb2: ;) Rick ("The Red Neck") H.
Cheers Rick:hungry:,
Yeah,i know what you mean..... actually,there is a "Spare" complete 50 Cal set up included in the kit,i was considering putting it together and adding it as a "Field Mod",as was often these Truck`s crews want:thumb2:.
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Absolutely no complaints from me. Looks the bees knees on my phone.... will have a proper look on my PC at the weekend.

It's not small is it? Would be interesting to see my 1/100 Huey up against it... :surprised:

Great work.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy

Absolutely no complaints from me. Looks the bees knees on my phone.... will have a proper look on my PC at the weekend.

It's not small is it? Would be interesting to see my 1/100 Huey up against it... :surprised:

Great work.

Andrew
Thanks very much Andrew :hugging-face: ,
You`re right.... it certainly ain`t small !!
...... I wouldn`t worry about looking it up again on your PC,no really,there`s no need.... no,honestly THERE REALLY IS NO NEED !!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:;)
Andy.
(That comparison would be rather interesting!)