A Triumph?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just ordered a model motorbike. !!! Its a Triumph 3WH in 1/9 scale from Italeri. Just need it to turn up and I'll post a picture of the box and bits!!

I dont think its going to end up olive drab though.... ;)

Ian M

M

m1ks

Really? i didn't know they did any classic models, or military spec in 1/9th, you learn something new everyday, the Italeri models are nicely cast but can be a bit skimpy on details, i looks forward to seeing this one though.

I guess I should dig one out of the pile and join in too.

P

Polux

Sounds very interesting Ian, will follow this one with interest.

Cheers. Polux

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Just ordered a model motorbike. !!! Its a Triumph 3WH in 1/9 scale from Italeri. Just need it to turn up and I'll post a picture of the box and bits!!I dont think its going to end up olive drab though.... ;)

Ian M
I'll look forward to seeing this one ........ and as it's a triumph you will need to do 1/9 scale oil leaks and puddles of the stuff on the floor underneath it.

Peter

M

m1ks

\ said:
I'll look forward to seeing this one ........ and as it's a triumph you will need to do 1/9 scale oil leaks and puddles of the stuff on the floor underneath it.Peter
They didn't leak, they marked their territory, ;)

I remember my dads stories of ride-outs with his brother when they were younger and had various brit bikes, every story ended with, 'then we rode back the way we had gone to pick up all the bits that had vibrated off on the way' :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I'll look forward to seeing this one ........ and as it's a triumph you will need to do 1/9 scale oil leaks and puddles of the stuff on the floor underneath it.Peter
So you've had a lot of Triumphs Peter? LOL I'll try to replicate some nice new gaskets .

Ian M

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I've never owned a Triumph Ian......... Could never afford the cost of the oil. A couple of Harleys, a Laverda and more Japanese bikes than you could shake a stick at.

Peter

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Can't wait to see whats in the box Ian, should be a nice build though mate.

Have fun, John

T

tecdes

A motor bicycle Ian did not know you were into these.

I would have a go if they produced a Triumph Thunderbird in metallic blue. Beautiful motor bike & it did thunder. Fitted a bullett type sidecar & it became the fastest thing around roundabouts.

The only thing to beat it was a Bonneville. Problems was they were so fast many riders wer left at the lights while the bike careered on their acceleration was incredible (at least for the times).

Look forward to this Ian. All the family are into bikes (eldest son has 7 last count) so I will show them your efforts.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have built a few bikes before, however the last one has to be over thirty years ago!!

I always liked bikes had a few as well. Nothing fancy, mid size cruiser type mainly. Did have an LC350 the first ones not the YPVS thing. that was a blast.

Lets see whats in the box when that arrives and take it from there.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hump!

Just had an email informing me that the model I had ordered is no long in stock and is out of production.

My reply... When can I expect a refund and dont you think it an idea to remove it from the web shop?

So My Triumph is a failure.. :sad: I'll find some thing else, I hope)

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
That's a bit crap Ian, was looking forward to this. But you're right mate, it's shouldn't of been on the web shop. You'll find something to build.

Have fun, John

M

m1ks

Shame, I was looking forward to seeing this.

Having said that, I now think I was too hasty in my praise for the italeri models, started the mv and honestly, it's terrible, it's not early airfix raised panel lines, rivets and badly fitting halves terrible, but having been spoiled by tamiya offerings, it's not good, parts fit so far isn't great, detail is much skimpier than I thought, lots of mould lines to scrape flush and some flash too, unless it's a hard to find kit, in future I won't be going for any more Italeri, on the plus side, it was cheap for a large scale kit.

P

Polux

Sorry to heard about it Ian, it's a shame.

I'm sure you will find another interesting one. Don't leave us now...

Polux

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Oh bugger ......... Sorry to hear that Ian............ Was looking forward to seeing it.

Peter