A welcomed break.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good evening fellow plastic fiddlers,
For my first Blog on this site,(and first bit of modelling after a very long loss of mojo),i`m going to pick up a Dio that i had started early 2019.It`s called "A welcomed break and will consist of one Scout car,(completed apart from final weathering.......
IMG_20190602_175429.jpg
IMG_20190602_175316.jpg
A Jeep,partially built and painted,from this kit.......
images (6).jpg
IMG_20190525_152610.jpg
This Truck,well on the way build and paint wise........
IMG_20190603_180749.jpg
With this stowage set,(and a load of scratch stuff,yet to be decided).....
IMG_20190620_161248.jpg
With some of these figures,and the Harley kit.......
IMG_20190512_133515.jpg
us1.jpg
us3.jpg
Well,that`s the plan,any thoughts,hints,tips or plain old abuse along the way is welcomed.Thanks for looking in,some progress pics tomorrow evening.
Cheers,
Andy

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Good evening fellow plastic fiddlers,
For my first Blog on this site,(and first bit of modelling after a very long loss of mojo),i`m going to pick up a Dio that i had started early 2019.It`s called "A welcomed break and will consist of one Scout car,(completed apart from final weathering.......
View attachment 378269
View attachment 378270
A Jeep,partially built and painted,from this kit.......
View attachment 378271
View attachment 378272
This Truck,well on the way build and paint wise........
View attachment 378275
With this stowage set,(and a load of scratch stuff,yet to be decided).....
View attachment 378276
With some of these figures,and the Harley kit.......
View attachment 378277
View attachment 378278
View attachment 378279op
Well,that`s the plan,any thoughts,hints,tips or plain old abuse along the way is welcomed.Thanks for looking in,some progress pics tomorrow evening.
Cheers,
Andy
I've been called lots of things in my life but I've never been called a fellow plastic fiddler, wow. :tongue-out3: :smiling:
Anyhow will keep watching this develop.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
back in the saddle!! What make is the White Scout car?
Looks like it'll be a well populated dio - following with interest................
Dave

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Guys!
Graeme,Nice to see you again,the base is going to be 500x300mm ,nothing too fancy mind,just a couple of "Roads",some grass and banks/hedges:thumb2:.
John,Dunno about "Wotan",but your avatar gave you away!;)
Bortig,or may i call you "Mark"?!:smiling: Very good! ...... and pleased to have you looking in.
Dave,Yep,right back in! The White Scout Car is the early Italeri version,quite basic,but builds up easily and with a few extras can turn out quite nicely.It`s gonna be quite busy,but i`m only using a few figures from each box:hungry:.
Jim,Too kind Sir! Great to see you popping in.:smiling:
Cheers Guys,
Andy

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Smiffy - hoorah. This looks like fun

Those single handled jerrycans could do with replacing with some proper three handle ones

That scout car is the 1970's vintage Max kit that has been released since by every man and his dog over the years - Max, Airfix, Testors, Italeri, Revell, Tomy, Peerless Max

I just bought one last week - latest incarnation is boxed as Zvezda :smiling3:

I have some pics of a preserved six wheel WC62 (also another vintage Max kit) if you need references

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
Welcome back to the bench Smithy! You’re very disciplined to pick up a shelf Queen to get back in, aren’t you? Most of us would break the seal on a new kit... :thinking:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Mr Smiff,
Did a double take when I spotted you were here......very good to see you mate :smiling4:

look Forward to seeing you round the parish :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with the gang a pleasure to see you back amongst old friends .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Mornin Smiffy. Great to see you back amongst your friends again. Even though you have been away from the bench for so long you still wouldn't have finished anything if you had been modelling LOL At least with this dio you have a fighting chance of finishing it as at least one vehicle is done LOL

Seriously though its great to have you back and I'm really looking forward to seeing your quality of work on the forum again

Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,some progress to report,just a little,but firstly..........
Paul,Yes,the base size is a moving feast,it`ll be as small as i can make it as long as my idea is adequately presented that is!:thumb2:
Simon,ever the font of knowledge Sir!! Thanks for the offer,i`m going for the version with a winch,so may well be asking you for some info;)
BONES!! Ha yes,but that would mean all the investment i put into this,AGES ago would be wasted!(I bought several ref books on Yank Uniforms,Personal kit,and paints for those figures-not to mention that Harley kit..... I can`t wait to have a crack at that!!):hugging-face:
Si,Thanks mate,oh i`m sure you`l see me from time to time :hungry:!
Jon,Surprised you remembered me Sir,but thank you......and we`re well underway now!:tongue-out2:
Scottie,(DAWG),:thumb2:Cheers matey,glad you like it!
John,Old friends indeed mate,and thanks:cool:!!
Steve,Too kind Sir,too kind!! I actually finished several kits over the last 2-3 years which you haven`t seen......so i`m getting better at that side of things:thumb2:.
So,onto the progress,.........
.......coming up very soon.........

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
....... Cont`d........
First up,The Jeep,nothing special,just a Jeep!
It is now adorned with it`s wheels,just done in VJ Model Air "Tyre Black",then dry brushed with VJ "Dark Rubber",as with the rest of this,(and all the other vehicles in this dio),the overall weathering will be done near the end,once placement has been decided on.Basic painted has begun.The trailer is complete apart from some stowage,i`ve seen some good ref pics for that type of thing,so it`ll be quite a busy little cart!!........
IMG_20200401_132821.jpg
IMG_20200401_132918.jpg
IMG_20200401_132951.jpg
IMG_20200401_133125.jpg
So,on now with Jeep internal bits and stuff for the ickle twailer!!.......Next up...... Truck progress........

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The Truck,well....... some of if,kinda!!
Running gear primered and "Olived",wheels on,painted and hubs fitted,(excuse the shining around the hubs,glue overspill,but they`ll touch up ok).
This time,and just to have a bit of a difference between the vehicles,i did them normal "Black",then,again dry brushed with "Dark Rubber"........
IMG_20200401_133950.jpg
IMG_20200401_133836.jpg
And this one just to show that all six do touch the ground at the same time :thumb2: ,(PHEW!!!)......
IMG_20200401_133650.jpg
Well,the Cab is well under way,as is the bonnet/engine bay,so another update should be along in just a couple of days!
Thanks for looking in Guys,as always any thoughts,tips or general abuse is always welcomed:smiling3:,
Cheers,
Andy