A welcomed break.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy.
Looking good, glad my spares in the boot and not bolted onto the entry of the cab :smiling2:.

Figures nice, good point raised by John about colour variations.
HA!! Indeed John..... it would make leaping in and out of my Van rather interesting too mate!!:flushed:
Thanks for the thumbs up too!
Andy

Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Could it be Korean numbering on the rhs bumper ?
I found my ''airfix'' version of this, and the instructions show those decals as ''wc-63 version''
Gary,(2nd!),
Looks like it`s actually the same kit,because those instructions look identical,and,the Italeri explanation is also that it`s the "wc-63 version"!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The problem is that we tend to trust the manufacturers to actually do some research, and point out any idiosyncrasies in the info/parts/options.
As I said in another post, the info for the decals is wrong in the Airfix version, which tells you to check the box-art for confirmation of decal positions ....... the vehicle on the cover has no decals except a star on the rear cargo area and appears to be being used on a raid on an airfield.
Yes,I must admit that i always get caught up in the "Maker knows best" mind set,after all,they SHOULD only give out spot on info and details for the kits themselves....... where possible of course.
It seems to me these days,that not all manufacturers even check parts actually FIT TOGETHER,although the over riding amount of them are excellent.
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy .
Ah this will be fun, grabbing a front row seat 2 mtr from the biscuits and tea pot.
Will spiders be used as Simon did re the spokes ?

I've brought my electric prod to keep the Rabble in order should rioting break out over the biscuits.
Carry on .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy .
Ah this will be fun, grabbing a front row seat 2 mtr from the biscuits and tea pot.
Will spiders be used as Simon did re the spokes ?

I've brought my electric prod to keep the Rabble in order should rioting break out over the biscuits.
Carry on .
No Spiders required here John! There are 2 sets of templates to bend the Etch Rims/spokes in,and the tyres come in 3 "slices" which,when put together,give a pretty cool tred pattern........
IMG_20200508_170434.jpg
The tricky bit is getting the fragile spokes together and inside the tyres without bending them........ i`ve struggled with that bit in the past!!..........
............ in we go then........................
(Keep `em well back,and save me one of them bickies please....... you know what Jonesey`s like:flushed:!).........

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I remember the motorbike you did on the MM forum. You should be a dab hand at this one. I have used the spoke makers before on the etch spokes. Very useful tool

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I remember the motorbike you did on the MM forum. You should be a dab hand at this one. I have used the spoke makers before on the etch spokes. Very useful tool
Thanks Steve,
I gotta be honest though,the etch spokes and supplied former are a good idea,however,this is about the sixth bike i`ve done now,and i`m not so sure the extra fiddling gives that much of a better end product..... some other kit makers provide excellent injection wheels these days.:thinking:
So then,the first 5 figures now have heads,and are being put aside ready for the Dio.Here comes the proof!!.....(OR,here comes some dodgy pics which look more like a 5 year old`s efforts in a "Vision On" comp!!)
IMG_20200517_194712_BURST001_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200517_195251_BURST006.jpg
Blimey.....He looks like he`s got 3 degree burns!!!
IMG_20200517_195601_BURST002.jpg
And finally........ The Map Readers!!.......
IMG_20200518_182705.jpg
So that`s that then,on with the Bike,then it`s "Basetime"!!
Thanks for looking in,and thoughts or plain old abuse is very welcomed!!
Cheers,
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dear Mr Smith .
Very nice indeed, the leather coat is realistic as are the riding boots. Folds in material never easy , but you've pulled if off with the shading.

Yours Dzhon Race.
Stalingrad Building Co.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work on the figures. They certainly add something to the overall build. Look forward to seeing the base.