A13 Mk.I/Cruiser Tank Mk.III

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Very impressive method for doing the screws Artyom, details & research are excellent.

Reactions: Neo

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Some big problems with ammo shells box. Too narrow on a model. You may see it on the pictures. Holders with rivets are too close to each other. Pay attention that I have moved the main gun and machine gun on my model on a right. So if we want to save the proportions we should increase the box on it's length. Also we need to make the holders on both sides and on a bottom because they are one piece.

b-1239-4.jpg

g15439-593591-2.jpg

img793-zps3795d3e3.jpg

DSC05972.jpg

Neo

First Name
Artyom
And some more information. I wondered what is this on a side of the box. Only from one side. I thought that it was a holder but it looks strange and definitely should be movable. Than I realized that this is hatch to remove ammo shells. By the way I have bought some ammo shells.

photo-2021-02-21-18-42-25-2.jpg

b-1239-15.jpg

b-1239-55.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You bought an empty bag …? ;) (Of course, I have to point out the cartridge cases are the wrong shape for the Vickers gun in the tank you’re modelling :smiling3:)

But I just took a look at their web site, and wow … those are empty 7.92×57 mm casings with the open end drilled out …?!

Neo

First Name
Artyom
You bought an empty bag …? ;) (Of course, I have to point out the cartridge cases are the wrong shape for the Vickers gun in the tank you’re modelling :smiling3:)

But I just took a look at their web site, and wow … those are empty 7.92×57 mm casings with the open end drilled out …?!
That was my first thought :smiling5: But they are on place. :smiling5::smiling5: Captured items of ammo.

Indeed! Magic. I have 1919 Browning and MG-42 from them. It is piece of art. Seriously.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
At this scale there won't be a noticeable difference, o/l length and shoulder angle perhaps and a couple of scale mm's in neck diameter......of course , if you could read the scale headstamp then one would know for sure........ :tongue-out3: ;)
Rick H.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
At this scale there won't be a noticeable difference, o/l length and shoulder angle perhaps and a couple of scale mm's in neck diameter......of course , if you could read the scale headstamp then one would know for sure........ :tongue-out3: ;)
Rick H.
Right you are! Unfortunately this is an only decent offer in this scale. :relieved: :smiling2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
At this scale there won't be a noticeable difference, o/l length and shoulder angle perhaps and a couple of scale mm's in neck diameter......
I kind of expect Artyom to add the rim to the cases so they look more like .303 ;)

of course , if you could read the scale headstamp then one would know for sure........ :tongue-out3: ;)
Having looked at Master Model’s web site, I wouldn’t be surprised if the cases did have headstamps :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You very obviously have more patience for this than I would have … I could manage adding rivets with a punch and die set, but probably not drilling holes for the rivets first as well :smiling3: Very good job!

Neo

First Name
Artyom
You very obviously have more patience for this than I would have … I could manage adding rivets with a punch and die set, but probably not drilling holes for the rivets first as well :smiling3: Very good job!
Unfortunately it is only a half. It could be easier if Masterclub did such type of screw with this head but.... I don't like to work with PE screws. Drilling and gluing sometimes makes me mad.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Quite simply amazing.

Well done as always.

Andrew

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Artyom,
Still looking impressive, it will be a shame to cover up all your work with paint - but at least we will know the workmanship that lurks under it.
Mike.