Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It looks bloody cold.

A good snow scene and the title sums up the absence of troops I like it.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautifully done Alan, I can't fault the quality of the build. It's hard to see how they actually got there though with the bushes etc growing all around them.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys :smiling3:

Dave I think I'll say they reversed in :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its a tank it drove over them... lol

Ian M

L

Laurie

Just reading about the clever attack by the Germans at Mortain during the Normandy campaign. Although mid summer then this was how the Panzers hid and then attacked the American Army. They were actually hidden behind USA lines in similar circumstances to the one Alan has nicely portrayed her.

Very nice model. They must have been cold in the tank but tank engines made a hell of a din and gave themselves away with their noise and I would think especially in snow conditions which seem to accentuate noise. So for me very realistic.

Laurie

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I like it Alan,and the title say all, ;)

as pointed out by Laurie,that was one of the big surprises that the Germans keep for the

US and also the Russian,the art of surprise , hidden away,:rolleyes:

what did you use for your show,as i would of used baking power,?

C

chris2681

This is very cool Alan. The landscape is great!! Its spot on for an early fall snow covering , really beautiful work.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well, naff all critique to be honest, the setting is laid out good, the frost/snow looks great, not over done and just the right scale. Great stuff mate, nice work.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks folks I was a bit worried with the overall layout and wanted to know if my feelings were correct but it seems not :smiling3:

\ said:
I like it Alan,and the title say all, ;) as pointed out by Laurie,that was one of the big surprises that the Germans keep for the

Thanks moni :smiling3: I usually use baking powder as well but I got this little dio pack for £5 in my LHS and there was this fake snow in it that was a little more gritty so I think I'll stick with it I think it gives a more realistic look :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Rule of thumb when dio making is this: square or oblong cannot be changed so break the look by offsetting the models etc, which is what you have done. Parallel to the side is okay for certain things but too much detracts from the look IMO.

Si:smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

I get cold just looking at it! I like the whole layout Alan! Very nicely done Sir!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
was thinking it look more like a flock ,thats why i was wondering ;) ,

S

Stevekir

\ said:
I like it Alan,and the title say all, ;) as pointed out by Laurie,that was one of the big surprises that the Germans keep for the

On the matter of surprise, I watched a WWII video of how the Germans hid a few troops behind the bocages (hedgerows) at the field side and picked off Allied troops as they moved along the lanes. It was very effective, both in killing troops and in slowing down the advance. After the DD landings the Americans hastily made attachments to tanks like a fork lift truck has by welding on steel, hastily obtained and welded. By ramming the forks at right angles to the hedges they could easily rip up openings for troops and tanks to break through. Being able to modify tanks in a war zone shows pretty good inventiveness.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I think i saw the very same show on the ABC,or History channel over hear some time,back,Steve,

I think it was a farm boy from some were in the US,who come up with the idea for it,

great thinking on the German behalf it think to say behind and do as much damage as possible to the Allies

as they could as the rest fallback back to stronger holding points, ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Brrrrrrrrrrr that's cold and it looks really cool Alan. think I'll have to get some of that snow for my anything in snow group build but the cheapest I've seen it is £12 so you were lucky to get it for £5 well done mate cheers John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks folks I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

\ said:
Brrrrrrrrrrr that's cold and it looks really cool Alan. think I'll have to get some of that snow for my anything in snow group build but the cheapest I've seen it is £12 so you were lucky to get it for £5 well done mate cheers John
the pack I got was called sceneArama , this was the winter effects one and you got everything you need to do a dio and instructions on how to do it , it was supposed to be £7.99 but was on sale but even at £7.99 you get a fare bit for your money:smiling3: