Academy 1/32 F/A-18C Hornet

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hello Leo im admireing your hornet build with great instrest an im hopeing to follow this build as I have a super hornet in 1/32 to build an im new to plastic kits building im trying to learn how to build my big one reasonably with wheathering an such. so a question if I may why do you guys paint the model in black at start of build ? an yes I have a great deal to learn I know that but for me that's all the enjoyment but a great build so far chris

P

phikoleoputra

Hello Leo im admireing your hornet build with great instrest an im hopeing to follow this build as I have a super hornet in 1/32 to build an im new to plastic kits building im trying to learn how to build my big one reasonably with wheathering an such. so a question if I may why do you guys paint the model in black at start of build ? an yes I have a great deal to learn I know that but for me that's all the enjoyment but a great build so far chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your kind words, the goal is to get irregularities to the paint and I used black basing to paint the Hornet.
I also used some salt weathering on some spots.
Hi Chris,
It's been a while since my last post here. The goal for me was to get irregularities on the paint and I used black basing to achieve it. I also used salt weathering on some areas. I'll try to upload some more pics.

Cheers

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Leo fantastic work on this model an I really like the camo finish must have really tested your patience as im sure I could not do it that well :cool: as I said earlyier in your build
I have the trumpy super hornet in 1/32 an its a twin seateater an when I get round to it I hope to do her in the diamond backs sqr in red.But a question if I may I see in your kit the
airbrake is cut out so it can be in open or close postion did it come in kit like this or did you cut it out ? as in my kit its hardly shown an I would like to have it in open postion so I will have to cut it out an that's some im not lookin forword too in case of a mess up. But you have done a superb build if mine comes out like yours I will be v- pleased
chris

P

phikoleoputra

HI Leo fantastic work on this model an I really like the camo finish must have really tested your patience as im sure I could not do it that well :cool: as I said earlyier in your build
I have the trumpy super hornet in 1/32 an its a twin seateater an when I get round to it I hope to do her in the diamond backs sqr in red.But a question if I may I see in your kit the
airbrake is cut out so it can be in open or close postion did it come in kit like this or did you cut it out ? as in my kit its hardly shown an I would like to have it in open postion so I will have to cut it out an that's some im not lookin forword too in case of a mess up. But you have done a superb build if mine comes out like yours I will be v- pleased
chris
HI Chris,

The Academy one gives you the option to close or open the air brakes as well as the radar.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI thanks for your reply about airbrake an I wonder why trumpy dint do this as its a v- exspensive model so it looks like i'll be cutting mine out. Sweating already :worried: lol
chris

P

phikoleoputra

Almost reaching the finish line, still need to do some touchups, minor fix on the landing gear.

Will take better pictures after completed, thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• 20190309_185800.jpg
    20190309_185800.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 9