Academy 1/35 M3 Honey.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I spent a few days on and off building this one but due to waiting for paint took over three weeks to finish.

I was determined to get the colours for the cantour camouflage correct so I ordered some Xtra-colour from John. They came as per normal very quickly, once he had got them in for me. Thanks have been said, but again thanks John. The only problem is that the colours where, errm, not that great. The Portland was way to dark, the Silver grey was more sky and the slate was way to green. I then found some paints called DOA from here trackpads Ready to spray, they just need a very good shake up. Spray great ( a bit thinner than I am used to so I had to turn the air pressure down) and dry to a nice smooth finish. One thing though they have a smell that is best described as cow dung like....

Huff waffle here are the Photos.

View attachment 45581 View attachment 45582 View attachment 45583 View attachment 45584 View attachment 45585 View attachment 45586 View attachment 45587

I enjoyed this little gem so much I went out and bought its big brother the Grant.

Ian M

View attachment 48661

View attachment 48662

View attachment 48663

View attachment 48664

View attachment 48665

View attachment 48666

View attachment 48667

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

M

mobear

Ian thats a fantastic looking tank,the looks of the weathering and paint job is magnificent,great build mate

mobear

First Name
Aaron
Another great job Ian, I like the rusty look.

T

treyzx10r

Ian obviously I'm not a tread head by any means but I think it looks great!!! Very nicely done Sir! Cheers Trey

P

Polux

A great Job Ian.

The painting job is simply and very nice, the lines of the camouflage are perfect, and I like so much this tonality of color.

I always like/love this tank... It has personality!!

Regards

Polux

C

CDW

Nice ... very nice indeed Ian ... even in the images - the details just pop out at you, I can imagine what it looks like in real life mate :smiling3: :smiling3: .

I did that turretless version a while back and was tempted to get another "honey" to build up properly as it's such a dinky kit.

This has certainly spurred me on to do that, gonna have some fun with an M5-A1 first though.

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
super looking model ... so many angles, rivets , great detail to look at .. just superb ....totally agree with Polux .."lots of personality" ... rgds Lindsey