Academy 1/35 panzer IV Aust.H/J?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
the question mark means I'm not exactly sure what variant it is lol

I was going to put this on my dio but have decided to get another one that I'm sure it's ronseal :D

The kit not the worst kit but not the best , if you look at the front you will see that the upper hull does not match the lower hull this was the best position I could get

It goes together farly well but the turret is a bit out and if you don't put the rear box on the aft of it THERES a sizeable gap also the gun barrel is a fair bit out and does head filing down

The moulding is ok but dome areas could have been a bit crisper , the decals are awful , thick , shiny, and n

Only nice touch to this is the front MG moves

Due to the kit being not the best I didn't bother with a camo it would have been like putting a fur coat on a pig:smiling3: View attachment 100750

View attachment 100751

View attachment 100752

View attachment 100753

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
you've certainly turned a sows ear into a silk purse, I think it looks fine. hull matching probs can sometimes be solved with a heat gun and some properly applied pressure -- careful though, go easy, can sometimes maul detailed bits or try some "Plastruct " liquid and masking tape just wet seam force into place and tape it down - give an hour or so to dry hope this might help in future Cheers Jim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I like it. Top job Alan,

The back ground cliff looks ace too!

D

dubster72

I've given this one of my hard-to-get great builds Alan, you lucky lad! :P

The colour is spot on, a perfect Dunkelgelb & the chipping is good too. I really like the exhaust, that's a very realistic look.

It does look a bit lonely on that excellent big base though ... how about some figures or maybe a Kubelwagon?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
you've certainly turned a sows ear into a silk purse, I think it looks fine. hull matching probs can sometimes be solved with a heat gun and some properly applied pressure -- careful though, go easy, can sometimes maul detailed bits or try some "Plastruct " liquid and masking tape just wet seam force into place and tape it down - give an hour or so to dry hope this might help in future Cheers Jim
Thanks for that Jim and the tips :smiling3:

\ said:
I like it. Top job Alan,
The back ground cliff looks ace too!
cheers Ron for both comments :smiling3:

\ said:
I've given this one of my hard-to-get great builds Alan, you lucky lad! :P
The colour is spot on, a perfect Dunkelgelb & the chipping is good too. I really like the exhaust, that's a very realistic look.

It does look a bit lonely on that excellent big base though ... how about some figures or maybe a Kubelwagon?
cheers patrick I'm honoured :D

The colour is Revell yellow sand with a burnt umber oil wash then a slightly thicker wash to give the impression of water discolouration, the chipping is just a dry brush of revell panzer grey :smiling3:

The base is nicked from the MF build :smiling3:

\ said:
Looks great to me..... Thats how you " polish a turd"
thanks Amos I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Scott I'm glad you like it :smiling3: , if I don't get a better one at Yeovil tomorrow I might use this in my dio I started :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
your done a mighty fine job on her,Alan,

even with the few little miss or hard fits,turned out very well, ;)

do like the color and paint work,with the weathering and chipping looks great,

and very nice with the exhaust,do like it,well done :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice mate, like that, looks great in that setting too.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Nice four there mate, too many wheels on a panzer four for me to want to build one again.

C

chris2681

After seeing the spaceship thingy you posted and admiring the paint job ,I thought to myself "let me see if he ever does armor". This too is a very nice job. You definitely have painting skills my friend. ;)

S

steve scan

Well done on this Alan, you certainly worked wonders with this one.