Academy 1/35 South Korean K9 Thunder

V

virtue66

Good day to you people.

As you all aware, I'm building a fleet of SPG and this is my fifth on the line after the Dana, Type 99, Pzh2000 and the AuF1. The sixth and seventh will be the Mista-S and AS-90.

I use four different kind of paint brands for the paint job; Mr Hobby Aqueus, Revell Aqua, Tamiya and Vallejo.

I decided to go for a very wet situation. I saw some videos of these gals doing exercise in a very rainy weather so I thought '' hey, rain .. wet vehicle.. wet mud..'' so I went ahead and put it on. To compliment the wet mud on the running gears, I decided to take the wet effects further. I decided to make the entire vehicle quite wet as if it has been staying out in the rain. In order to do that, I just used a lot of Vallejo Gloss Varnish as I do not want to spend money on any wet effect fluid. It's not perfect but it does the job suitably. Had I more budge, I would have love to get an AK or an AMMO.

The most unsatisfying thing on this particular build would be my lack on control when painting the lights. I thought they were alright but upon taking the pictures, I saw that they could use a repaint with the camo colours as the edges bled out but if you know me, you know I will just say '' meh, can't be bothered now'' and be done with it; which is exactly what I did. Another thing I am now regretting, in hindsight , is that I should have put on some more mud on the tyres. That was a BIG boo boo.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/academy-135-south-korean-k9-thunder.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Until the next launch .

D

dubster72

Ha-ha you always say " be gentle " when your builds are always top quality Gary!

A very nice (and clearly very excited!) SPG - you do a terrific camo scheme, although the photo's are a tad small ...

Top job though

Cheers

Patrick

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Quality as usual Gary

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You do like an assault gun don't you Gary and I must say this is like all the rest ! Absolutly cracking mate lovely job as always a pleasure to see your work :smiling3:

P

Polux

Wow! The paint work on the camouflage is great :eek:

Magnificent model as always ;)

Ps: if I'm honest, I cannot see or estimate the rain and wet effects on the photos...maybe some white rain marks on the turret (third photo)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful work, great detailing and paintwork. Nice one.

Si:smiling3:

V

virtue66

\ said:
Ha-ha you always say " be gentle " when your builds are always top quality Gary!A very nice (and clearly very excited!) SPG - you do a terrific camo scheme, although the photo's are a tad small ...

Top job though

Cheers

Patrick
LOL.. I'm not entirely certain about my work being top quality Patrick :smiling3: ... but thank you so much for the encouragement

\ said:
Quality as usual GaryLee :smiling3:
Thanks as usual Lee

\ said:
You do like an assault gun don't you Gary and I must say this is like all the rest ! Absolutly cracking mate lovely job as always a pleasure to see your work :smiling3:
I like to do fleets of stuffs .. I have already done a sizeable fleet of tanks so Im switching to SPG.. soon SPAAG and IFVs

and thank you so much for looking at my work as always

\ said:
Wow! The paint work on the camouflage is great :eek:Magnificent model as always ;)

Ps: if I'm honest, I cannot see or estimate the rain and wet effects on the photos...maybe some white rain marks on the turret (third photo)
yeah.. I can't even see the rain marks myself. I just put on gloss varnish so it's not showing up very much :sad:

\ said:
Cool .. the paint job is awesome.
Thank you so much sir

\ said:
Wonderful work, great detailing and paintwork. Nice one.Si:smiling3:
Thank you ... Thank you indeed