Academy 1/35 Warrior MCV

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Steve. :smiling3:

I got the turret and all the other bits painted yesterday, just need to finish of a couple of small parts and paint some white panels on the sides and rear, then I can get it glossed for decals and weathering.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is this to represent a vehicle from the invasion of Iraq in 2003? Then don’t paint any details except the periscopes and loose stowage — leave everything covered in the sand-coloured paint. There was an article in Military Modelling at the time that had very good photos of how British vehicles for the early stages of that war were painted: nothing masked off, paint simply went over everything that the crew had left on and wasn’t obviously a window. Even then, the edges of many windows received more than just overspray.

B

Brad9826

Nice build Bob, is it getting a dio or just static? looking forward to see what you do.:thumb2:
as for the A2, it turned out to be not bad as a weapons system after H & K did the 30 odd mods on it, my opinion though it still lacks stopping power, preferred the old SLR for that , but not suitable for vehicle crews, but the A2 better than the Sterling in that sense.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers guys. :smiling3:

Jakko, I've done exactly that. everything is sand other than some of the loose boxes, chairs, vision blocks and water cans.

Brad, I shoot both 5.56mm and 7.62mm, agree that the latter would definitely have more stopping power. :smiling3:

Haven't decided on a base yet. I've already built a Challenger 2 and a Bradley, and I have an Abrams in the stash so might do a big base for all 4.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Not just the ports getting overspray. Repainted British vehicles often show overspray on tyres etc. Replicate that and you get a model which looks badly finished!
Jon.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko, I've done exactly that. everything is sand other than some of the loose boxes, chairs, vision blocks and water cans.
I wasn’t sure if this was meant to be the final finish or if it was before detail painting :smiling3:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
No, the pics were just the base coat. I've been detail painting tonight. :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Regardless of what colour I think it looks damned good , well done Bob .
I shall sit at the back and enjoy .
John .

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers John. :smiling3:

I painted the vision ports silver last night, the plan is to go back over them with a mixture of clear smoke and blue to try and give the impression of thick glass, we shall see how than works out.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Cheers John. :smiling3:

I painted the vision ports silver last night, the plan is to go back over them with a mixture of clear smoke and blue to try and give the impression of thick glass, we shall see how than works out.
Blue first, then the smoke once the blue has dried.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi guys,

Having finished a couple of recent GB's I got back to work on this one.

First up was a wash with starship filth to give shading. This was then dry brushed with thinners to remove the excess. I then dry brushed with various colours of oils to try and give some variation to different panels.

IMG_20190427_160652.jpgIMG_20190427_174325.jpg

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Bob, as Paul said, the wash & oils make the details really stand out.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work with the oils Bob. The variety of colour really adds interest and realism. Really glad you are back on this build. Terrific work mate

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Bob,
I’m very much liking your desert look so far, has a nice depth to it already...if that doesn’t sound too arty farty :nerd:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
liking this a lot,Bob,well done so far,the paint work looking very good,:smiling: