Academy 1/48 F-86 Sabre

S

snapper41

Hi all;

A break from modelling 41 Squadron! I picked this kit up for the grand total of £4 recently; the Academy 1/48 F-86. I've always like the look of the Sabre, so thought I'd give it a go. Really nice kit, goes together very well, with lots of detail including a full engine and dolly if you want to display it. I added a Quickboost seat to enhance the cockpit a bit, and True Details wheels. Eagle Strike decals for an RAF machine of 93 Sqn based at RAF Jever in Germany, 1955. As the Sabre only served in the RAF for a few years, weathering has been kept down - pre-shaded, a little post-shading, and a panel line wash of Payne's Grey.

sabre1.jpg

sabre2.jpg

sabre3.jpg

sabre4.jpg

Last edited:
C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Excellent job! F-86 is my favorite jet aircraft and I like that scheme... I've never seen it before.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top job andy , one of the best looking aircraft and great to see one in the raf scheme , cheers tony

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great ,Andy,very well done,do like the look of it, ;)

First Name
Robert
Top notch Sabre in a lovely sceme and very clean and tidy build ( I'll get their one day ) but not today eh

Maybe a new squadron subject but same great detail and build quality

Awesome and deserved of more than a great build IMHO

Regards

Robert

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Very smart looking sabre Andy, love that scheme too, have you seen airfixs new meteor? That looks a cracker mate! One for the pipeline maybe?

S

snapper41

\ said:
Very smart looking sabre Andy, love that scheme too, have you seen airfixs new meteor? That looks a cracker mate! One for the pipeline maybe?
For the 41 Sqn collection, I've already done the Classic Airframes Meteor - I wish Airfix had released theirs a few years ago!!