Ahh, all makes sense now.

Tony.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Aaaggg!!!! Stupid, stupid,stupid.

Came in from work last night and thought I'd fit the front part of the canopy, checked fitting, scraped paint, glued very carefully, then left to dry overnight, pleased.

Checked this morning and still pleased until I offered up the rear canopy and realised that I had glued the front too far foreward and the two parts don't butt together.

Note to self, DON'T WORK WHEN TOO TIRED COS YOU BUGGER THINGS UP !!!!!!

Oh well on a philosophical note, you live and learn - I hope.

Tony.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
This has been sat on a little base neat to my building table for ages. I had started the major colour painting by using a can of spray paint - plasti-cote fast dry enamal - and hated the how it looked, even after three coats of Klear, it still looked rubbish. SoI put it to one side while I figured out what to do. I had rubbed down some areas and dicided to use my vallejo aluminium to cover the area and lo and behold the perfect colour and finish I wanted. It's been repainted and I now want to finish it. This is as far as I've got -

Tony.

View attachment 53884

View attachment 53885

View attachment 53886

View attachment 53887

View attachment 53888

View attachment 53889

View attachment 53890

models 015.jpg

models 016.jpg

models 017.jpg

models 018.jpg

models 019.jpg

models 020.jpg

models 021.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
All's looking good Tony the Vallejo aluminium has worked out really well.

Vaughan

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
The decals on this one are giving me major gip. They are stiff, bearly conforming to the shapes of the plane, brittle, I've broken four of the larger ones and seem impervious to decal soft. I know it's not the decalsofts fault because I'm using it on my Harrier and the decals are going on a treat. I think this one is going on the back burner til I figure out what to do with it.

Target practice anyone.:smile5:

Tony.

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
The decals on this one are giving me major gip. They are stiff, bearly conforming to the shapes of the plane, brittle, I've broken four of the larger ones and seem impervious to decal soft. I know it's not the decalsofts fault because I'm using it on my Harrier and the decals are going on a treat. I think this one is going on the back burner til I figure out what to do with it. Target practice anyone.:smile5:

Tony.
I built an Academy P-47, the kit was fantastic but the chequered nose decal was a nightmare, so much so in the end I masked and painted it myself,

Didnt turn out too bad in the end :smiling3:

Adrian

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It looks great! I love that weathering, really fantastic work.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks great Adrian