Academy 1:72 BF 109E

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Finally I've started my effort for the (non) GB. I wanted a Tamiya but couldn't find one so went for an Academy offering instead, and have to say I am, yet again quite impressed with the model. The cockpit is quite good, surface detail great and fit excellent. The only problems so far are the wing roots, but I think this was just a lack of care on my behalf and just to be difficult, I want to show this model up in the air, but academy don't allow for this so I'm having to modify things a bit in the landing gear department.

View attachment 21796View attachment 21797

Regards

Colin M.......

View attachment 28696

View attachment 28697

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

The surface detail certainly looks good for 1/72nd. I'm very surprised though that you can't have the model airbourne. Long gone are the days of the plastic stand with the cut out slot underneath the fuselage and the automatic inclusion of a pilot.

Airfix were quite good at some things!

G

Greg147

Best of luck with this one, Colin. It will be interesting to see another modeler's take on the Academy 109. :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hello Greg,

Not only am I doing the same 109 as you, but it will be in the same colours as well ! Daughter No2 got to choose the markings for this one and that's what she went for. I read your comments about the 'stabilser bars' and agree. I did fit the orginals, but ditched them this morning for something smaller. Overall, I'm still very happy with the Academy 109.

Regards

Colin M...........

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Finished, well no prizes for being first past the post, but I'm happy just to actually get it done in November. Pictures are in the completed section.

Regards

Colin M........